S3.15_A Guest

Chapter 15

"Why do your majesty think I did this only to gain your trust?" Soo calmly said.

"Has it ever crossed your mind, that I did those thing with no ulterior motive?"

The question returned with silence, the kind warning no end. The emperor looked at Soo with an expression which wrote doubt and suspicious as if she had said the most unbelievable thing he could ever imagine.

"I'll be straight with you consort Hae," the emperor spoke after eternity.

"Just weeks ago we were no different than strangers, in fact our relationship was even worse. Your sudden change, in fact is unfamiliar to me,"

His words made sense. Maybe Soo was rushing it too much. They haven't even known each other for that long. Though she did not felt like they were strangers she fully understood that from the Emperor's position, Soo was a person he had only known for couple of weeks.

"My apologies your majesty." Soo spook. "I didn't consider my behaviour would be burdensome for his majesty."

The heavy air fell upon and made them both feel quite awkward to be under the same roof. The emperor gave her an understanding nod of his head as Soo bowed, biding her last greeting before turning at the door. She walked with slow steps and finally reached the doors. Her hands stretched for the door, but with no strength the wooden remained still.

"But let me say one word before leaving." Soo loosened a sigh.

"Though we might be no closer than strangers, I want your majesty to know that I have no ill intention towards his majesty."

.

.

After returning to her chamber Soo took a rest. She felt like a burden had lifted from her shoulder, by the fact she at least could say she had tried.

On the contrary she also felt the odd feeling of being dumped. This devastating feeling wasn't a thing she could ever get used to. She had been dumped her whole life but that didn't made her immune to rejection.

Sighing deep Soo threw herself on the bed, letting the soft madras catch her whole being. With further thinking Soo realised how stupid it was for laying there. When had sleep ever helped her to feel better.

Sleep wasn't the answer. It never was. Food is. It always helped her lifting the moods.

Hence, Soo ordered the maids to serve the breakfast. When they asked what she wanted, she answered with everything they could find in the kitchen. Soon the table was served and she could dig in the food.

"I'm gonna roll down the corridors," Soo smiled to herself. She sat at the table, as the food kept coming as a roulette table. For the first time did she actually felt like a queen, not that she ate like one but nonetheless.

"You are in the mood to eat?" The blaming voice came her for ear, looking up she realised it was the thirteenth prince.

The servant regularly went in and out with the food, hence Soo hasn't noticed the prince coming in.

Joohyuk would at least knock...She pursed her lips.  Soo greeted with a tilt of her head. She didn't have to stand up and make everything too formal, after all she was his big sister-in-law.

The Untold StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara