S3.02_A New Start

Chapter 2 - A New start

Though Soo more than anything wanted this to be reality and not a dream, a voice at the deepest corner of her mind as a wicked truth told her not to take this as light as it seems. Like, when had anything ever been to her favor? Yet this was another chance, and she wouldn't waste it on dwelling in the gloomy mood.

Trying to push away the pessimistic thoughts Soo took a round in the garden that had fallen into the color of faded green. Realising that she wasn't the only one the garden Soo her feet stopped without her realising. Accompanying Soo, Chaeryeong as well stopped up, admiring the couple of the lady and the eight prince stroll through the garden as newly married couple.

Absorbed in her thoughts Soo didn't take her eyes of them, but of different feeling than of what Ha Jin felt when she looked at this scene. Occupying her body Ha Jin would look at the couple, but her eyes laid on the handsome prince. The real Ha Jin didn't felt the bond to Myunghee, as she was no different from a stranger that just happened to be her cousin, at that time.

The real Ha Jin was scared and confused, she didn't let Myunghee into her chamber, only when the eight prince broke the door and broke the wall of fear was Ha Jin able to get grip of herself and come over her shock.

Soo was different. She remembered everything, including Myunghee,  including the first love that was never meant to be. With no excuse of memory-loss, the prince didn't have the chance to get near her, hence nothing had happened between Soo and Wook.

Soo spaced out for quite good time, to the extend of not noticing the presence of the domineering princess coming to her sphere.

"This is disrespectful," The spiteful tone didn't hide in the words of the upright princess.

Soo turned in the direction of the voice, to the view of princess Yeonhwa coming with a court of servants just behind her heals. The dress of yellow rocked slight as she moved towards Soo with the expression that held so little emotions, that Soo knew it couldn't be any good. The inferior status made Chaeryeong step behind her master, as Soo greeted the princess.

"Princes Yeonhwa," Soo made an incline of her head. It wasn't the first time Soo was reminded of her inferior rank to the princess, reaching the point that it held no effect on her self-esteem any longer.

"You should not be looking at what a married couple is doing, I will deal with it harshly if it happens again. Although you are my sister-in-law's cousin. Do you understand?" Yeonhwa provided Soo a stare with intense mock. Soo used to ignore it, but more than anything Yeonhwa reminded her so badly about a girl, named Kang Hana, and for that reason sanity and rationality was completely gone when Soo faced Yeonhwa, mistaken Yeonhwa as her friend-enemy Hana.

"This isn't only meant for me since I'm not of royal blood right?" Her words took the princess to a mindblow state. Not in her wildest imagination had Soo ever dared to talk back to her. Yeonhwa blinked repeatingly with her lips parted for good seconds before the words formed at the tip of her tongue.

"Are you accusing me for unrightfully handling the household matter?" Yeonhwa asked in the disbelief.

"If the punishment is meant for me solely," Soo again spoke, causing Chaeryeong to broke into cold sweat. The maid was familiar with the scene of her lady being harassed, not of her confronting the bully.

"Of course this is meant for anyone, regardless who," Yeonhwa said, gaining her composure with a veiled expression, yet her hands was still clutched to the material of her dress, wrinkling the material in her grip.