S3.29_Letter

Chapter 29

There were of a lot of don'ts, which kept one from doing what they wanted to. The emperor had more than anyone associates himself with this term.

Don't let anyone know your identity.

Don't let history repeat.

Don't let her die.

Don't. Don't. Don't.

For more than he remembered, there were more don'ts to remember than things he actually could do.

He couldn't let anyone know his weakness while living in a world, which he thought, was a complete foreign One. No different from a lost wolf on the enemy's territory, has he been wandered in anxiety all alone.

Until that day she appeared in the palace, with the doe eyes which held oblivion of cruelty existing within the walls. She was oblivion was too the point that it hurts. To the point that he felt ridiculously miserable.

When another man was willing to let go of his desire of the throne and everything in his position, she was unknown to that. When he was in the position to suffer from a mad man's decision, the lady to all those suffering was being indifferent and ignorant with the excuse of not knowing.

He thought he was alone, and that no one would ever be able to understand his agony. Yet, when she called his name in her sleep, he then realised that he wasn't alone. That she had somehow followed him back and that fate somehow had tied invisible the red string around their finger.

At the realisation he was beyond words, but at the same time uneasiness also settled. That was why he asked. Asked if she would like to life a normal life, which he more than ever was able to grant her.

Cause in his head, that's exactly what she had done. She choose her fiancé who was no other than his sworn enemy. Either it was because of money or because she had no idea, in the end it didn't change the fact that she once had left him.

Soo once choose his brother over him. It was a fact which she couldn't deny. He didn't simply brought it up because of a trivial grudge to the past. It was also a disguised hint.

He wanted to tell her the moment he heard her call the name in her sleep, that it was him, that he was the one she had been calling. But he couldn't. He was told not to tell anybody about his real identity if he didn't want to pay for the consequences.

How it frustrated him that the truth was buried under so many lays of lies, yet he was helpless and could only keep the boiled anger to himself. It tortured him to realise that Soo was slowing falling for him, falling for who she thought was the ancient emperor when in reality it was just him. The jealousy seized up and in the end both people ended up hurting each other for no reason. Foolishly.

Foolishly, he asked with the hope that his question would be answered.

"Where is she?"

"Where is Moon?"

"Your majesty."

Just as the Astronomer was about to answer, the dowager approached, with a court behind her heals. Realising that a third part was present, Jimong silently stepped behind the emperor and discretely reminded the emperor that this was not the proper time to keep this conversation going.

"Greeting the Dowager," Jimong spoke with bowed head. The emperor turned his ice cold facade towards the Dowager, acknowledging her presence.