S2.10_Searching

Chapter 10

Jieun pulled back in reflex but the hand that gently stroke her back became a stern grip making her unable to break free from the embrace of the stranger, who had saved her. 

"Easy," His voice sent chills down her spine, the voice she would recognize even in her dreams. The familiar voice that used to call her name so tenderly. His voice was dreamy and soft just as prince Kang Yeok. The prince which she had only dreamed of but never dared approach. 

Jieun remembered how his sister always looked down on her for crushing on one that was out of her reach. When realizing that nothing would come out of her one-sided love, she decided to give up and was still trying to get over him. But suddenly he appeared her, and on top of that saving her? What kind of evil deed had she done in her past life to be tangled in such a messed up fate? It took her months to come to this decision, so why did he suddenly appear when she had just made up her mind to forget him?

.

.

.

The sky has already unfolded its curtains revealing the shining stars. Hanna glanced at the guy sitting there on the chair with his hands folded on top of his knee, his reflection in the pool showed a troubled expression as if he was concerned about something. Even without asking, she kinda knew the source of his worry. 

"She's fine, you don't have to worry" Hanna walked with light steps and took a seat next to Jun.

"Did I say something..." Jun said as he didn't care, Hanna returned with a satisfied smile. 

For a moment silence fell upon, she parted her lips but then no words escaped as if something was blocking her from talking.

"What's wrong?" Jun looked up, sensing her hesitation.

"Actually... You've never introduced anyone to the family." Hanna carefully chose the words.

Jun, Hanmin, Jinsoo, Baekeun, Joonha, including Hanna, each wanted to achieve their dream without relying on the family's fame and connections. Beside Seyeon, who has been with Joonha for a while, no one else knew about the relationship with Chairman Hwang's grandchildren. 

Chairman Hwang was one of the most influential men in South Korea but not many knew about the old man's personal life and to the secret of his grandchildren. In fact, OnlyJeongso was publicly known as the Heir of the Hwang group, the other grandchildren wished to keep their background hidden.

"For so long have you been holding this secret, so why did you let a stranger came to our family gathering? Your sudden change makes me concerned... what if she tells on us?"

"Hilarious how you are trying to hide the family relation as if it was a shameful thing. It's the best spectra you ever had Mr. Star actor," A third man joined the conversation.

Jun grimaced upon hearing Jeongso's voice, he immediately stood up and walked straight into the house. Hanna was about to chase him but Jeongso grabbed her hand making her halt.

"Oppa, was that necessary?" Hanna said with blaming eyes.

"What?" Jeongso shrugged with an innocent look as if he had no idea of what she was talking about. As if they were sworn enemies the two guys have never been on friendly terms, making Hanna in the middle squeezed in an uncomfortable position.

"Can't you at least try to get along?" Hanna said tiredly.

"If he keeps his distance from my things," Jeongso said, voice clearly let the annoyance show.