S2.55_Solved - CV EEE

Chapter 55 

The spark of reality only kicked in when the book was clutched tight between her trembling fingers. There was no mistake. It was that book. How it was in his possession was her still unknown.

Then slowly the pieces of memory returned and placed itself right before her eyes. He called her real name that day. The name she had told no one, the name she had buried under the dust of time and never mentioned even once. Was it related to this book that he came to know her name? It must be that. Why else would he know her name? Why else was she doomed to suffer? Wasn't this the universe punishment graced to her? For making him remember, and then making him forget.

Jieun's eyes were all fixed on this book, filled with resentment and hatred. The book, given by the man that wanted to prevent her from recalling Jun's past, paradoxically happened to be the medium to make him remember. Things bound to happen is unstoppable, even how much you tried to do otherwise. That thing she knew for sure.

Her fingers brushed the sheets, scrolling through the pages. It was all written in modern language, by the soul of this body. It was Ha Jin's diary.

Every word held the weight of anxiety of a girl holding to a secret that was meant to be buried with her to her grave. Every word regarded it to the man she loved. Every letter spoke for the words that were impossible to escape the prison of her heart. How much she cared for someone but couldn't let herself say it. How much she despised the idea of that person being with another woman but had no right to tell him otherwise but could only endure. Every time they met was granted with a dispute and exchanged with insincere words that left them both in pain and regrets.

Every word left her with a heavy burden, every page made her chest stuffed with regrets. It was like Jieun could recall every emotion Ha Jinah had as she wrote those heartbroken letters. How could Ha Jin push away the person she loved so dearly while Jieun was desperately attempting to make Jun accept her. Why was she so inferior to the former owner of this body. Going as far as pretending to be a doll just to stay by his side a single day. Pathetic and desperate but that's what she had learned.

Life had taught Jieun that sitting by is a waste of time. Last time she made that mistake her lover became her cousin-in-law. She disliked the gift of regrets, hence did everything she could to make him remember, to make him hers. But maybe that was no better than the other. What if this was pushing him farther away from her?

Absorbed in her thoughts she didn't realize that Jun entered the room, she didn't realize he was looking at her with a mesmerizing stare.

"What are you doing?" His soft tone draws her attention, raising her head from the book her glistening eyes moved to him.

Their eyes met.

It was then it returned the coldness in his eyes, the expression that could only be meant for her. Without speaking the words she knew that she was caught, there was no explanation needed cause he knew what was going on. For sure he didn't look pleased at all. She was supposed to feel timed, as a thief being caught a prey being cornered. Yet it was far from fear, a different emotion was running through her vein and fuelling her mind.

"How did you get this book?" Jieun asked, her voice came out calm despite her emotions. Jun attempted to get the book from her but Jieun didn't let him get near her.

"Give me that" He attempted getting closer only to get her to step further backward.

"No! It's mine!" Jieun said taking more steps back.

A mocked grin graced his lips as if he found it hilarious, it wasn't a laugh of real amuse rather it was similar to malice.

"You are not even the one that wrote this," He said with all cruelty, leaving her speechless. His words implied more than a mere statement, it held more depth than the vast sea.

"How long are you going to fool yourself? How long are you going to fool me?"

Similar to a death sentence Jieun was unable to digest what was unfolding before her eyes. What did his words mean? Was it just superficially or was it meant with a hidden meaning. The doorbell soon alarmed, breaking the frozen space that had held her words tied inside the captivation of her mind.

The bell wasn't meant for him to approach the door. It was meant as alarming. Yejin entered the house without waiting for him to invite her in. She soon entered the space where Jun and Jieun was. She gave Jieun the up and down look, while the cocky smirk sneaked melted its way through the layer of scarlet gloss.

Sure she was fascinated, by the ridiculous situation of finding Jieun trying to copy her image.

"Oh, so that's what had occupied you," Yejin said, her belittling gaze pointed at Jieun.

"Does that mean our date is canceled or something?"

"No, I'll make myself ready," Jun said, leaving the room without even regarding Jieun a glance. When Jun was out of sight the gaze of the two beauties was transfixed on each other.

"A man should stick to his words, don't you think?" Yejin's tone was joyful as if she was celebrating her triumph towards the one that didn't meet victory. Yejin soon followed Jun's example and left the room in the misery state of a girl clinging to a man that didn't look back.

A couple of minutes went by before Jieun could gather herself together. She hasted out of the room just in time meeting Jun at the corridor before he was leaving with Yejin. It seemed like they didn't care if Jieun would stay or leave, as if she wasn't more than a pathetic ghost begging for charity. Yejin already headed out while Jun was on his way to do so.

"Give me a chance to explain." So grabbed his arm, only to earn a cold stare.

"What more is there to explain?" He said brushing her handoff.

"I didn't mean to fool you! Really. It wasn't my intention at all."

"Intending or not doesn't change the that you wanted to fool me. You aren't her, yet you appeared in front of me pretending to be her. Seeing you only make me mad for not being able to distinguish you from her. For not recognising that you are a completely different person. You don't know the suffers from having to stay with the one you don't love right? It's torture. Please, stop testing my patience."

With that Jun left, ignoring the lines of tears stained her cheeks with bitter saltiness, as if he didn't care at all. It wasn't his cold attitude that hurts her, it wasn't the words that was sharper than a knife. It was his intention behind those lines that left her struck. His words echoed in her mind with the clearer resonant.

Intending or not doesn't change that you wanted to fool me. You aren't her, yet you appeared in front of me pretending to be her.

He knows I'm not Ha Jin.

Seeing you only make me mad for not being able to distinguish you from her. For not recognizing that you are a completely different person.

He remembers her.

You don't know the sufferring of having to stay with the one you don't love right? It's torture. Please, stop testing my patience.

He wants me to disappear from his sight.

There is nothing holding me back anymore. Nothing I long for is in this world. Sure, I'll fulfill your wishes.

I'll return to where I belong. 

A/N: I've changed the character's name, look at the chapter "Character name list 01" on the last page to see the changes.