S2.05_Struck

Chapter 5

"What's the matter?" Her savor said through the phone with a hint of impatience as she didn't answer. Although waiting for a good second he didn't get any response, only her sniffing and refrained sobbing was heard.

"I have to go...we'll talk when I come home-"

"You'll be back?!" Jieun cut in, almost immediately.

"It's my house," he said and ended the call. No friendly tone, yet she felt comforted by his words that the tears stopped flowing. Wiping away her cheeks she tried to steady her breathing.

That was weird, The two guys exchanged eyes, clueless from start to end they didn't even know what was going on. What did they just witness? She cried out of nowhere...

"Ehm... sorry if we made a mistake" the tall guy hesitantly patted her shoulder. Although he didn't know who she was, he wanted to treat her right. She was a friend of cousins, a cousin who was as close as his real brother. On the contrary, the short guy was still baffled. He wasn't as fast to admit his mistake but rather dumbfounded by the fact that they were to apologize to her. It's wasn't like they had done anything wrong.

What are we apologizing for?! The short guy raised a brow about to protest but was timed by the tall guy's reprimanding eyes.

"I'm Joon-Ha" The tall guy said reaching out a hand.

The other guy, who pulled her hair, introduced himself as Baek-Eun, even though he felt a little suspicious when Jieun didn't know who he was. He didn't get the title of a Hallyu star for nothing. Has she been living under a rock or what?

Honestly, both guys were pretty famous. Baekeun knew pride was just a useless thing and that it was acceptable that not anyone had to know who he was, but it was still hard to believe. He grabbed the remote and hold it to his mouth, started singing when no one asked him to.

Idols... Joonha rubbed his temples with a frown after rolling his eyes, feeling slightly embarrassed. He looked like he wanted to hide in a hole as Baekeun passionately sang a song.

"Sounds familiar?" Baekeun said looking at Jieun. She pondered for a second, thinking of what she should say. It sounded like he was very proud of his singing skills. Was he a performer? With his voice, he could probably perform for the emperor.

"Are you...." Jieun paused, trying to find the right words. "from a performing troupe?" she pulled her chin back, looking at him with a little admire. She wasn't artistic herself but had always enjoyed music and art.

"Not troupe but group," Baekeun corrected.

What in the world is he blabbering? She grimaced. What is ..gro..rop... aghrr! Whatever...

Joonha snapped the remote out of Baekeun's hand and turned on the TV. Shocked by the flashing tv-screen. Apparently he had seen more than enough of Baekeun's singing. Jieun's nerves were taken by surprise as the screen of the TV suddenly flashed bright, yet she didn't let it show on her facial expression.

Don't make a fool out of yourself again, Jieun reminded herself. It was just a couple of minutes ago that she cried as if the world would go under. She didn't want to make the same mistake twice and make a fool of herself. Things in this world were so different, that it was hard to adjust, everything was so new and strange.