S3.38_Found

Chapter 38

The poisoning teeth of regret hit her. Soo suddenly wished that she had not stepped out of the door. She wished that she had been content with her boring but safe life.

She swallowed down while looking at the eyes which never left her. The emperor appeared firm, just as he had always been. He looked as if nothing could change his mind.

Does he... does he know it is me? Soo thought to herself.

No there is no way for him to know but...thinking further Soo was reminded of his always cautious nature suspicious and paranoid, always on guard of even the closest to him. There was no way he would be this kind to save a nobody on the street, especially not one he had no relation too. No. Absolute this wasn't the way the emperor was.

Which means...that he had already figured who she was?

Her face appaled under the mask as horror grabbed its ice claws on her skin. Was he just playing with her? Like having a little fun with the prey before actually killing it? Was this how the hunter get their despicable amusement?

Maybe Seol was right. Soo was nothing in the emperor's cold heart. He was as a man with no blood and his heart of stone. What was she thinking to even have a little hope in him? No Soo didn't want to give him this satisfaction. Much more she didn't want to be caught by him. Why does it have to be him out of all people? Why does he have to be cruel out of all people..

Her eyes secretly scanned her surroundings. Trying to look for an escape. She was standing on a long road. On her left side there was old grown trees and on her right side was there a dark lake.

Goodness how far had they been walking? Why couldn't she recognize the surroundings at all? They were in a remoted place, there was no one she could yell for help. Aside, even if they were on a crowded place, the only help she would get was the palace guard's escort to the dungeon.

Either way was a dead end.

She was a caught prey. Lost in thoughts her step stumbled backwards, towards the lake.

Seeing her action made the emperor's expression darkening. He grabbed her hand tighter and pulled her closer to him.

"What are you thinking?" He said dangerously low yet his voice held a strangely wariness.

Soo's eyes searched for elsewhere than him. She realised that her assumption was right. The emperor knew who she was. How stupid of her to even think otherwise. There was no point in even pretending to be some other when he had already seen through her mask.

"Can't you just let me off this once?" She asked with a shaky voice, letting go of all pretence.

It came to his relaxation that Soo knew he was aware of her true identity. His expression unchanged and unreadable as always.

"Please," she begged.

"Then...Answer my one question," the man spoke.

"Why are you trembling?"

As if this was her last sentence in life Soo bit her lip and dared to speak the truth.

"Because I'm scared,"

You are scared of me?

His eyes scanning her, as if looking for any hint of lie.