S2.57_The Forgotten Girl - CV

Chapter 57

She was back. Jinah was back. In the dark Jinah suddenly appeared bright as the light at the end of a tunnel. Jinah's appearance neither made Jieun relieved nor reassured, despite her being the only one Jieun could spot in the pit of blackness. Jieun felt as if she was dreaming as if she was in tormenting nightmares she couldn't wake up from.

"You are right it's no different from a dream." Jinah spoke as if she read every sentence in Jieun's mind.

"This is no different than a dream, no different from an illusion created by your subconscious."

The words made Jieun's skin crawl and shiver ran down her spine. What was Jinah saying? Could she tell what Jieun's was thinking by reading her expression or was Jinah really reading her inner thought as a reader reading a book.

It made Jieun uncomfortable but at the same time not to the extend she had imagined. There was an ambivalence feeling, Jieun couldn't put a finger on why she didn't felt intrusive but the thought that Jinah possible read her mind.

A gentle smile grazed Jinah's lips, as if she was silently replying to the unsaid question. Her smile, hinting no harm but only genuine friendliness.

Confuse was an understatement. What did Jinah meant with posing such a friendly smile while saying such obnoxious words of claiming her body? Was this really just another of those tormenting nightmares? Was Jieun really trapped in her conscious and was it really Jinah that stood right before her eyes?

"This is your subconscious, our subconscious."

The emphasis of Jinah's our subconscious was as a hammer banging Jieun's chest with a triggering anxiety. What kind of black hole had she stepped into?

What happened next was beyond rationality. Jinah didn't make a move, nor a gesture of speaking, yet her voice resonated in Jieun's mind as if she was speaking with her voice.

He never showed up to save you.

He didn't beg you to stay.

What happened after you jumped into the lake is a selfmade memory, no different from an illusion.

Like a master putting together the puzzle, things slowly turned clearer. Jieun understood why everything was pitch. Why her world crumbled as a sandcastle meeting the rage of the sea. Why Jun suddenly appeared and then vanished to dust.

This was all a dream.

What happened after Jieun jumped into the lake was never real. She is trapped in the world that wasn't of the psychic one. Maybe she was sleeping or maybe she was dead? Her cold body might be at the bottom at the lake, could that be why everything felt so cold and dark?

But if Jieun didn't survive how could Jinah then claim her body? No then it means she was alive. At least physically if not mentally. Her body was still breathing somewhere. There was a reason why Jinah suddenly want her body back, there was a reason why she hadn't showed up earlier, but what is it?

What do you want? Why are you showing up now? What do you mean by claiming your body? The question Jieun thought was kept to herself was answered in just same manner, without a verbal conversation. Jinah's reply wasn't deciphered through Jieun's hearing but echoed in her mind and thoughts as a loud voice.

You are right. My body isn't dead. You survived but didn't wake up.

Jieun was no longer surprised by their way of communicating. She believed the words, that she was in some kind of physically unconscious stage, which was why she could see Jinah. Yet Jieun didn't understand why Jinah provided her those information? If Jinah was her, would she then give back I've a body just because someone asked her to? Why would Jieun give back the body, when all she needs to do was waking up?