S2.22_Lost

Chapter 22

Not long after entering the kitchen Seojun's girlfriend joined the cook team and helped out washing the vegetables, the middleaged old woman must have sent in a substitute so she could be with the boy team.

"And you two help me with the chores!" Jieun clearly remembered the words of the woman but could do nothing but tsk-it away.

The new girl politely bowed as she introduced herself as Ahyeong. She looked like a nice girl, but who knows what kind of person she really was. 

"Have you heard about the legend of the lake at the top of this mountain?" Ahyeong tried to start a conversation, as the mood was as cold as ice in the little space. Despite being in an awkward situation the bobbly girl didn't fail to lift up the mood.

"The legends say that heaven would grant a sincere wish if you stand at the big stone at the edge of the lake and make an earnest prayer. A prayer followed by rainfall would make sure it becomes successful" Ahyeong told eagerly and the two silent girls discreetly pricked up their ears, though both pretended not to be interested.

"An invented legend to lure naive people," Hanna said coldly.

"Right" Jieun pointed her knife at Ahyeong before continued slicing the kimchi.

"Both of you should try it, you don't seem to have a great fortune in your love life, especially you" Ahyeong tilted her head while looking at Jieun, as if she could tell the many failures Jieun had been through just by seeing Jieun's unlucky face. Jieun felt offended by the gesture without realizing making a threatening fist in the air whilst shooting glares at Ahyeong. Was Jieun's miserable luck really that strong that even a stranger could see that?

.

.

It's a miracle that they hadn't torn the clothes into pieces,  Hanna glances at Jun on her left then back to Jeongso sitting in front of her beside Jieun. Seojun and his girlfriend at her right side of the square dining table and the old woman at the end enjoying sitting near too handsome young men on both sides.

Or the old woman made them too uncomfortable so they couldn't show their inner self. Hanna glanced at the middle-aged woman, she was as an eagle sitting around the table while observing the youngster eat, making sure they didn't leave a single grain of rice in their bowls.

The old woman kept putting this and that into Jun's bowl and Jieun noticed how Jeongso gave them glances from time to time and found it somehow funny.

They were eating outdoor, the sun wasn't that bright since it was past midday, but it felt somehow cozy and the young people seemed to enjoy being there too. They sat on something that looked like a bed without a madras made of wooden placed in the middle of the yard. Jun was in a bind as he continuously was giving so many side dishes, but he couldn't make himself turn down the kind gesture. Jeongso showed less interest and continued to eat in silence, his gaze averted to the ground to only discover the horrible truth.

Isn't that the sprinter?!

Jieun noticed how Jeongso's behavior changed and looked around to see what it could be that made him frown.

Oh, my...no.no..no... Jieun widened her eyes as she realized what has gotten on his mind.

"YA! Isn't that?!? " Jieun hurriedly shoved a big slice of kimchi into Jeongso's mouth in the desperation of making him shut but realized that wasn't the best way of not getting on his nerves as he again gave her the evil glare and everyone sitting on the table turned their eyes at the couple.