S2.58_Epilogue✨

The fragrance of rose from the candlelight roamed in the chamber behind closed doors. The girl laying on the bed was dressed in white robes in her undergarments of white material. Her body felt numb, even moving her fingers required more work than thought.

"How is she?" A deep voice, belonging to a man in his youth.

"The physician said she'll be fine" A lighter voice responded. The light voice belonged to a woman. The tone was familiar, and felt like music in her ears, given her nerves a sense of tranquil and comfortable. Warm hands took hold of hers. It was a gentle grip, which tightened around her cold fingers. The small finger caressed her hands and cupped it tight.

"She will be alright." The woman said. Her tone hinted a sense of sadness as if she was repeating those words just to comfort herself that it will be okay.

"Right Jieun-ah? Our poor Jieun."

By the mention of the name the girl laying in bed slowly responded with light motions. The girl slowly moved her fingers, making the room turned silent, the people held their breath as if afraid a little actions would disturb their mind in registering what was unfolding.

Warm tears landed on the cheeks of the girl lying in bed, making her forehead frown in a discomfort response. The woman grabbed the girl's hand tighter, as the tears ran down her cheeks and landed as on the girl's face as misty raindrops on a summer day.

"Jieun-ah, can you hear me? Jieun-ah..." The woman panicked. The tone which before was filled with sadness soon sprout with life.

"Chaehyun-ah... Chaehyun-ah!" The woman called.

"Get the physician!"

The girl had no energy to open her eyes yet her hearing deciphered the calls of the ever so familiar voice. Deliriously the girl was still on the bridge between consciousness and dreaming. Suddenly she felt a pair of finger pressure the wrist of her hand.

"Jieun-ah, Jieun-ah. Can you hear me?" The woman sounded with desperation and a glimmer of hope.

"Eonni?" The girl spoke deliriously.

"Yes, it's me Jieun-ah! It's me." The woman sobbed holding the girl's hand to her crying face.