S2.34_Scars

Chapter 34

"Not too long ago...actually just for some weeks."

Jieun has a driver-license. No, actually Ha Jinah had. Jieun had no idea of how to drive, cause it wasn't in Jinah's memory as they switched their bodies, but she was fast at learning. Though she nearly killed Joonha in the progress, he was kind,  patient and wanted to help her find some distraction from the torment of being forgotten. Even risking his 13 lives.

Suddenly the words hit her. Her eyes screw open upon realizing his words.

Did he remember? That I said I couldn't drive before? Could it be...

"Why are you asking?" Jieun said, the dying flame of hope suddenly sparked.

"Because you are terrible at it," Jun said cold. Killing the last hope that was glistening in her eyes.

Just accept it. He doesn't remember you.

"Look out!!!" Jun's shouted In horror, grabbing the handle attached to the ceiling of the car.

Jieun's eyes grew big and in reflex, she hardly stepped on the brake. The sound of the plastic wheel sliding against the road penetrated the air and the car stopped abruptly in front of the crosswalk. Just before she killed the innocent cross walkers. The teenage couple looked at Jieun with angry eyes before throwing a  fist in the air, cursing before continuing their path in crossing the street. Absorbed in her mind she lost her focus for a moment.

"If you don't even know the basics of keeping your eyes on the road then don't put your foot in a car!!" Jun yelled. His harsh tone has an unknown command to summon her tears, the glistening ponds were on the top of leaking from the rounded eyes. She has never seen him been angry, at least not towards herself. She shaken in shock, startled with his cold tone. And for nearly killing the damn pedestrians.

"I wasn't going to drive them over..."

Jieun protested with watery eyes, knowing that it was a bad argument, but that was all that her brain could come up with.

"Sure they'll take that into account when they are lying in their coffins!!"

Her gaze wandered from the angry man on her left to the road upfront.

He didn't even say anything wrong. Why are you hurt your fool?!? Get a grip of yourself. Biting down her bottom lip she heaved a rusty breath.

The rest of the drive was exchanged from awkward to uncomfortable. They avoided each other's eyes as if it would burn if their gaze met. Jieun tried to only shortly glance every time she made a right turn, she didn't want to hurt herself by looking at his cold eyes.

The only thing that hammered on the wall of silence was her ringing phone, but she didn't even care as she didn't want to talk to anyone right now. She didn't want her voice to fill the air.

They arrived at his house, he unlocked the seatbelt and stepped out of the car not sparing her a glance. Jieun glanced to her left avoiding him from stealing a glance of her sad expression.

"Anyway...Thank you for picking me up. Ha Jinah-ssi."

He nodded out of courtesy before shutting the door and headed to his house.

Ha Jinah-ssi? Ha Jinah-ssi...

She tried to harden her heart and put up her fences.

Was he always this cold? Was he only kind to her because she reminded him of someone else?  Is this his true nature?