✔️S2.01_Who are you?

Chapter 1

With smooth steps, he walked with his hand in his pocket at a light pace, so it wouldn't be too difficult for her to follow. Jieun, who hasn't spoken a word since the last time she was crying for her life, was now following him soundlessly as a shadow following its host. Even though she was scared of him, she had no choice. Everything in this world was different, the foreignness scared her. This wasn't a place she had seen before or one she had read about. She still hasn't figured out if this was heaven or the hell below.

They walked in the underground parking lot only exchanging breath and not words. His footsteps echoed light in the closed space. Jieun didn't look up to notice the sea of cars, she didn't wonder why their path was lit up without a hint from the sun, she just followed him within a safe distance between.

The sounds of his footsteps stopped. Before she could look up, her head was already bumping into some solid but soft thing. Her eyes widened as she realized it was his back and hurriedly walked a few steps backward.

"What is she doing here?" A voice said. It was the voice of a man, one with a thick voice and probably with a build as thick as his tone. Strangely, Jieun felt as if she had heard this voice somewhere. She ran through her mind to figure out that it was the voice she had heard him speaking to a bit earlier when her vision still was a blur.

Jieun wasn't even curious about the face of the new unknown voice. She didn't have to look up to know that the man with the thick voice was sending her an unpleasant look, his tone was to no doubt. She simply hid behind the one she was scared of to avoid the new stranger with an unpleasant tone.

"Hey Miss, don't you have a guardian?" The man with the thick voice spoke louder, the top of his hair visible from her point of view as she stood behind the person appearing to be her savior.

"You are wasting your time, she won't answer." Her savior finally spoke up. His was voice calm and slightly hoarse.

"What are you going to do with her?" The thick voice said, causing her savior to stiffen his expression. Jieun's whole body tensed too, what will happen to her? What is he going to do?

"Well, I'm supposed to feed her when she's hungry." Her savior said with a shrug. The man with the thick voice seemed displeased by the out of nowhere humor.

"We have a long schedule ahead, you've already  wasted enough time on her." Annoyance was evident. The words were said purposely loud with the intent of making her feel uncomfortable. Yet, the unwelcomeness was her least concern. Jieun had no idea of where she was or what she was doing here or how she would survive. A stranger's unfondness was her least worry.

What are they talking about? Jieun thought with a frown.

"Cancel them." Her savior clarified, his tune burdenless.

"What?" The question was clearly not asked, cause it wasn't properly heard. At this rate, Jieun was starting to feel slightly frightened. She peeked a glance at the man in front of her savior. He was a big built man, one that probably could knock them out in one blow, but strangely her savior wasn't as intimidated at all.

"Cancel. Them." Was the answer again. Her savior didn't sound the least threatened although he had offended a man that was twice his built.

The speechless man with a thick voice looked down at her savior with big eyes, lines appeared on his forehead. Jieun could read the swearing words in those angry eyes but chose to ignore them. Without a care, her savior extended a hand with an open palm, his eyes moved from his palm and back to the big man in front of him.