S.3.05_Changed

Chapter 5

Right now was no proper time for answer and questions. The question was for tomorrow morning. For some reason Soo kind of knew why Baek Ah was here. She was profound of the one-sided love, and didn't doubt that he for a second was her to keep an eye of Myunghee.

It seemed like only Soo was laid back about the sudden appearance of a royal highness. Myunghee wasn't as relaxed as her poor little cousin. There was a lot more on her portion. Something bothered her that her night wasn't spend peacefully.

With a sleepless night, Myunghee wasn't able to turn up early when the sun peaked its ray from east. Only Soo was awake at this time, and of course was Chaeryeong.

"Stay with Eonni, I'll make her some warm tea." Soo instructed before taking her leave.

When Soo left, Myunghee immediately sat up, turning at the shocked Chaeryeong with a concerned gaze.

"My lady, what's wrong weren't you sleeping?" Chaeryeong asked, running to her lady's side.

"I need to meet Baek Ah," Myunghee said, and ordered Chaeryeong to help her get dressed as fast as possible. Chaeryeong was confused and more stressed as her lady appeared that uneasy and tensed. Just as Myunghee was getting her outer coat on, the door opened.

Baekah entered, aware that Myunghee long had been awake. Yet for some reason he didn't want to disturb, not until now.

"Chaeryeong leave us." Myunghee ordered. The conflicted maiden had no choice but to follow the order, just as she always had done.

Chaeryeong stood outside, tripping with uneasy Steps, walking in circles. There was absolutely something wrong. She had long sensed the anxiety of Myunghee since last night. She had served the lady for that long to know that there was something going on.

"Chaeryeong, what is-" Soo appeared with a tray of newly brewed tea. Upon her approach, Chaeryeong hurriedly rushed to her side with a finger on her mouth, hushing Soo to keep quite. The troubled expression told Soo that there definitely was something wrong but what is it, she was completely unaware.

"What's the matter?" Soo whispered, as Chaeryeong carefully whispered the reply.

"His highness is inside discussing with the lady, I think there is something wrong in the capital. But Chaeryeong can't tell what it is."

"Are they still inside?" To her question, Chaeryeong answered with a nod of her head.

Carefully Strolling towards the door Soo put her ear on the wall, while signalling with Chaeryeong not to make a sound.

"Baek-Ah, do you like Soo?" Soo frowned upon the question of her cousin. Why would they talk about that? Why is the topic taking that turn?

"Do you want me to like her?" His tone painfully tender, as if Myunghee's question made it hurt.

Poor Baekah... Soo thought, silently sighing.

"Baekah-ya. You are the one I trust more than anyone else, I wouldn't have to worry if you were to marry her."

"Am I really the perfect match for her? Or is it Noonim, who is trying to get rid of me?"

"Baekah-yah, you know it isn't-"

"You know why I am here don't you Noonim? Isn't that's why you are trying to tie our fates?"

"Baekah, please. She can't live in your place. She was never raised to be a royal, I just want her a normal life."

"I'm only a messenger coming with the degree from the Emperor." His tone was cold, sucked of emotion as if the rage of the marriage suggestions had turned his favour of Soo into hatred.

"Baekah-ya." Myunghee begged all desperate.

"Lady Soo was promised to his Majesty. There is nothing I can do about it."

As it was a death sentenced, Soo's whole body was paralysed on place. Her hands lost their strength, loosing the tray of hot brewed tea that fell to the ground with a shriek of shock from Chaeryeong. The tea pot crashed, and splintered in all directions while tea spilled on Soo's foot, the burning liquid scorching through the layer of her shoe and socks. 

The alarming noise made people inside the chamber rush out to see what happened.

"Soo-ya!" Myunghee said with trembling voice. Looking at the steaming vapour that still arose from the spilled tea, Myunghee's eyes grew wide in worry. On the other hand was Soo having the indifferent look sculptures on her stoned expression, as if she was no more than a doll that was only meant to stay emotionless.

"Your highness didn't come for Eonni but me?" Soo said, her tone held no emotions, nor did her facial expression. The words were empty as a dried ocean, while only the pain of betray echoed in between the words.

The pain of being treated as a present couldn't compare with the betrayal that the messenger was the prince she unconditionally trusted without a second of doubt. Of all people why did it have to be BaekAh to deliver such horrifying news? Or was it just Soo that was ahead of herself, assuming them to be friends when they weren't.

Of course Soo was mistaking. The real BaekAh worried about the Ha Jin within Soo. They were real friends. He was worried that she would die in loneliness when marrying a man that would at most see her one in her life time. that she had to spend her life's happiness with a man that couldn't give her that. But Soo forgot that things was different. The Baek-Ah in front of her was one that only had his eyes for Myunghee and no one else.

Soo changed the happening but was still struggling to accept the fact that it also changed her relationships between them. She missed the point that the current Baekah has no feelings nor connections to her. She was the one changing the future but still lived in the memories of the past.

"I'm here to escort her Highness back to the palace for the royal marriage that will take place upon your return."

Now I'm her highness? A bitter smile formed on Soo's lips as she stared at Baekah.