S3.36_Festival

Chapter 36

Maybe because Jung was an expert in escaping that he was able to see from the view hider and not only from the point of a seeker. He was meticulous, to the point that even Seol found it nasty annoying. To be honest it had been tough enough with the increasing guards, not to add the sudden appearance of Jung.

It couldn't mean any good that Jung was back, it only meant that the Dowager was having a chance to extend her arms. Although prince Wook assured that Jung was an upright man, Seol on the other hand was more sceptical. Despite how much trust the eight prince was able to put in Jung, it was no wonder that the Dowager would use underhands method to get rid of them before Jung could bring them to the palace.

Seol has already have a first hand experience with the dowager and wouldn't be surprised that the dowager has such cards under her sleeves.

Soo was more reassured that it was Jung who was searching for them. Jung had had the least contact with Soo, and in her memory not that interested to have a carefully look at her the times they had met. They could easily pass as strangers, hence the chances of him actually recognising her was still slim.

She was thankful it wasn't Baekah. Even though she more than anything missed him, she wouldn't want him to be her hunter. Although she didn't know how longer she was able to maintain that determination of staying hidden. Weeks in this entertaining house was slowly draining her motivation for preserving.

People from the higher class would refer this as an entertaining house while commoners would call if as a place where the rich would pour their money in exchange for a little laughter and fresh flesh. This place housed tons of ladies, who had the looks and talents to captivate those nobles with fortunes and riches.

This was the hide place for Wohee and also the housing place of dozens female warrior. In the original plot Wohee was only a worker here, but this time she was the owner of this fancy brothel, although there was another person in James's the owner in cover for her. Where Wohee got the money from was still a mystery for Soo.

Tonight was the mask festival hence the atmosphere was much more festive and lively. People were filling the crowd and music was resonating from every corner of the capital, making Soo even more envious of those with the freedom to roam around.

Unlike Wohee and Seol, Soo was given the task to stay put while they were out to gather evidence against the Dowager. Although there was no single thing missing in her room it still wasn't enough to keep her mind occupied. Soo realised that loneliness could drive people crazy.

The door suddenly opened and Soo didn't even have to look to know it was her sister, Seol. The overprotective doppelgänger who was as if possessed with a spirit of Myunghee just with much more firmness and precautions.

Soo still hasn't forgiven Seol not to mention seeing her as a family, but although her cold attitude towards Seol had no effect and Seol still treated her as if Soo was her sister. Little sister on top of that.

Although there was a possibility that it was the other way around, Soo didn't bother to take that up for discussion. If Seol wanted to be the big sister than let her, Soo didn't give a thing about that.

Without a greeting Seol took a seat next to Soo. Seol wore a beautiful dress, slight provocative if Soo had to say it. She was the musician of this place, hence always sold a little of her talent to please the ears of the high upper class as they enjoyed their woman and wine.