S2.48_Fragrance - CV

Chapter 48

This perfume... It's not Hanna.

"Who are you?" Jieun asked.

The silence of no reply was lingering in the air, verifying her assumptions of the person to not be the one she thought of. Her eyes sting but it was more due to the embarrassment that she couldn't open her eyes. She knew it wasn't Hanna. Through unable to distinguish dream from reality you'll never mistake reality to be a dream. Never. How much Jieun wished this to be a dream, she knew the painful reality was slapped right in her face.

Still, a part of her hoped in the non-existing possibility that it was a dream. She bat down her lips only to feel the bitterness confirm by the pain in her lips. Heaving a breath Jieun grabbed the towel tightly.

"If your name doesn't start with H and end with A you better not speak," Jieun warned.

Though not being able to see, he couldn't help but smile by the thought of her sulky expression. Had she known he entered with the lights turned off maybe that would save him some pointers. Taking a backward step he left the darkroom.

"Ha Jin-ss-oh-my~" Hera's voice appeared and took on a weird turn.

"Hera? It's you?" Jieun said hopefully. Listen carefully she heard silent footsteps walking down the stairs.

Please say that it's you who are walking down the stairs. Jieun made her prayers.

"We are the only two left" awkwardness edged Hera's tone. Hera wished she hadn't accounted for this situation, being at the wrong place at the wrong time just had to be her specialty, she sighed deeply.

"Say it was Hanna" Jieun glued her eyes shut, wrinkling the skin between her eyebrows.

"Can't you just say it was?" Jieun pathetically pleaded.

"It was Hanna." Hera's lie couldn't even pass to fool a kid.

Jieun crouched her hand holding up in front of her face as if it could shield her from the embarrassment.

"I'm sorry" Hera squatted down beside her friend and patted Jieun's wet shoulder.

"You still have shampoo in your hair?" Hera said, attempting to change the topic.

"And eyes" Jieun murmured incoherently.

"It's going to sting, get your eyes rinsed"

"No, I prefer having my eyes closed. Actually I wouldn't mind closing from now on."

"Come on, we are young things like that happens."Hera consoled. Jieun cried mentally, sinking her head on her arms, that was wrapped around her knees.

"Who was it?" Jieun said under her sobs. But didn't even give time for Hera to answer.

"No don't tell me, I might really hide my life in the mountain if I ever find out"

"Let's get your eyes rinsed and get down for some barbecue" Hera comforted.

"Food is the cure for everything."

After changing and getting herself fixed, Jieun and Hera headed down to the barbecue that was held near the swimming pool. Jieun felt like everyone was sending her the judging eyes, her head automatically faced the ground as she walked.

"Hey, Moon!" Baekeun approached with a bright smile.

"and you" Baekeun sent Hera a cold stare, making her lift her brows and rolling her eyes. Turning back at Jieun, Baekeun notices how she was avoiding his eyes making him wonder if Hera had said something bad behind his back.