S3.18_Wish

Chapter 18

The emperor's arms were still tight wrapped around her shoulders while Soo's was just around his torso. The upper part of his body leaned on her as if it wasn't easy to stand on his own.

In the meanwhile the guards had caught Wang Yo, pinning him to the bed as a caught prey. Jimong speeded his steps towards the Emperor while instructing the men to call the physician.

"Summon the royal physician-"

"No!" The emperor cut in.

"Your majesty-"

"Don't make a scene," The emperor turned at Jimong with the help of Soo. She leaned closer to the him, letting him support himself by moving his arm across her shoulder. The dagger was still on the left side of his back. The hissed breathing told Soo that it wasn't any light pain yet the man still tried to look unaffected.

"If the court know there would be another turmoil. Everything that happened tonight won't leave these four walls, is that clear?"

"Yes your majesty!" The guards including Jimong chorused. Only Soo remained absentminded and didn't react to the emperor's order.

"Is that understood?" His tone darkened as he looked to the side to face Soo. His voice pulled her out of the trance and she managed to utter a faint yes.

It was better not to let anyone know about what happened tonight, if any it would only affect the Emperor's reputation for being an incompetent ruler. Not only would his decision of exiling Yo be brought against himself, moreover the Emperor would receive criticism for the loose security in the exile camps. If any he would be judged and even misunderstood plotting with Yo to get the throne and that everything just was an act. How else could his brother escape unscratched from the camps if not the emperor had snuck him out? There were too many risk and neither of them was better than the other.

"Men take the prince to the dungeon, remember do not attract unnecessary attention." Jimong ordered.

"Your majesty, what about the dowager?" Jimong added, concerned that the Dowager wouldn't let this slide easily.

"I'll take care of her," The emperor replied.

The guards walked in two lines, hiding Wang Yo in the middle of their formation. Just as Yo walked pass the emperor his steps halted, causing the guard to exercise some violent dragging.

"You did it on purpose right?" Yo spoke as he passed the emperor. Yo was still convinced that his brother had some hidden skills but was too cunning to let it show.

The emperor remained silent, not answering to the question as if it wasn't worth his energy. That was the last conversation before Yo was dragged to the dungeon, without knowing when he would ever be able to see the light of the sun.

The emperor didn't make a sound, as if this mere wound didn't touch him at all. Yet the hand that was tightly grabbing Soo's shoulder was trembling badly, but of course no one were to see it in this dark lightening. Soo was worried, afraid that the emperor let the pain appear less than it really was.

.

.

.