S3.40_Court

Chapter 40

Within the given three days the evidence against the Dowager was gathered through Wook and Wohee's hard work. There was a witness to testimony that the Dowager was behind Soo's kidnapping and the person had also letter from the Dowager as evidence.

Now they only need to bring those evidence to the royal court and then the dowager would have to pay her price. On their way the people split up in two groups, knowing that walking in a big group would only leave them at disadvantage.

Wook reached the palace first, things was going just as planning with a smooth sailing wind.

"Are you ready for this?" Wook asked the lady next to him.

The lady hid her face underneath the hoodie of her purple colored cape. Grabbing the hem of her cape, she let out a finale exhale before looking up to him to answer.

"Yes I am."

The two people walked up to the court about to enter the palace as suddenly a group of guards rushed out from the palace's gate and surrounded them. In an instant Wook protective pulled the lady behind his back while he with the hand touched the handle of his sword.

"I'm here to report a case to the court," Wook said, his eyes searching for the person executing these guards, as if knowing they were sent out to stop him.

Light footsteps came in his direction. Immediately the guard opened their formation and parted in two lines, letting a generous amount of space for the icy princess to make her entrance.

"Yeonhwa?" Wook said, his eyes narrowed at the familiar figure of his own sister.

"Orabeoni," Yeonhwa said with a triumphant smile playing in her eyes. Yeonhwa's eyes glanced at the figure hidden behind Wook, a menacing smile no inferior to the fire in her eyes spread across her delicate lips.

"I didn't expect to see you here?" Yeonhwa faked a friendly tone.

"Order your men to let us in," Wook ordered. "I need to report something to his majesty."

Disbelief caused the princess to break out in a short laugh. Of course her brother would expect her corporation. Sadly, Yeonhwa didn't share the same thought as Wook.

"Men catch the person behind his highness!" Following her orders the men caught the person behind Wook and also him in the progress.

"Yeonhwa! What is this supposed to mean?!"

"Haven't you heard the emperor's edict? Anyone who find the traitorous consort would get a wish granted by his Majesty. It means that I soon will take back what is rightfully mine."

Yeonhwa was too proud of herself to even notice her brother's bad acting. She was too arrogant to notice her own mistake. Had she been a little more observant, then maybe she wouldn't miss the smirk of the consort underneath the purple cape.

.

.

.

Just as the royal court was about to dismiss, Princess Yeonhwa entered with her guards and halted the closing.

"Your majesty, I have something to propose," Yeonhwa said as she went to her knees and greeted the emperor.

The ministers looked at each other with confused stares, surprised by the unexpected guest who had just entered.

"Princess Yeonhwa, you think this is just  place you can enter as you please?"

"If not this was an important matter, Yeonhwa wouldn't dare make such a scene,"