S2.51_Jealousy -CV EEE

Chapter 51

Hanna stood with crossed arms, giving them the judgemental look, but honest Jieun couldn't put herself in her shoes at all. What right did she had to give Jieun that look when she just a second before stood with arm linked to Jun?

"Then what are you two doing here?" without knowing Jieun mirrored the same amount of bitterness in the cold tone.

"As you can see sightseeing," Hanna said as if that would justify everything.

"Well so are we" Jieun answered back. The intense glare exchanged between the ladies held an unknown power making the guys beside them feel oddly uncomfortable. Trying to break the wall of ice the guys without planning spoke in near synchronization but as they were about to say a word the ladies cut them sharply off.

"Hey-"

"Mind your own business!" Jieun and Hanna yelled in sync, making the words roll backward to their mouth, simultaneously earning them some few audiences.

The young men awkwardly looked at each other then cleared their throat in synchronization. Hilarious. As if it was planned. Jun looked away pretentiously while Jeongso darted his eyes elsewhere making forced coughs as to divert the attention from him.

Hanna took a step closer to Jieun as if declaring herself for war, Jieun nonchalant flashed the stern expression while not giving a care of the eaten space between them.

"If this is sightseeing" Hanna hissed with only a slight audible volume for Jieun to hear.

"Were you measuring the hardness of his head this morning? Huh?"

You spied on me??! Jieun stared at Hanna with widening eyes. Though she never liked the intimidate relation of Hanna and Jun, she never went at low as to spy on them, hence she only expected the same amount of decent courtesy of the other party, however, Hanna didn't seem to be on the equal term on that.

Through gritted teeth, Jieun sneered at Hanna. "At least I didn't stick to his arm as a clinging monkey."

"You-" before Hanna could give back Jieun already turned her heels walking away from the crowd. Blinded by anger Hanna took off in the opposite direction leaving the two guys standing as abandoned puppies without an owner.

Their eyes met for awkward seconds, for once a Jun and Jeongso found themself relieved with each other's presence. It took several seconds before one of them took the word to speak up.

"Maybe we should chase them," Jun said.

Jeongso lifted his brow in agreement and headed in the appointed direction towards Jieun and Jun towards Hanna. Suddenly the thought hit them, maybe they should exchange partners just for their own sake. Grabbing Jeongso by his arms Jun signaled for him to go for Hanna while he would take charge of Jieun.

.

.

Jeongso blended himself in the crowd of people trying to find Hanna. He spotted her back figure among the mass walking with fast steps some meters ahead. He ran as fast as he could to reach her and eventually caught up.

"Hey." He grabbed her arm and turned her around.

"Let go," Hanna said with a trembling voice.

"Don't get angry Hanna-ya"

"I don't like it" She bit her underlips trying to swallow the bitterness.

"What?"

"I don't like it"

"You can't really be jealous right?" He smiled jokingly.

"Don't fool around" her voice crying. His smile smoothed her sight, putting his hand cupping her face, Jeongso gently brushed her cheeks with his thump. His warmness made her calm down, Hanna reached for his hands that were caressing her cheeks, holding it tightly as of afraid he would disappear if she let go.

"I won't do anything to hurt you," Jeongso said with terrible tenderness.

Jeongso sincerely meant it, but he also knows the comforting words now would hurt her later on. He had no longer control of what he was doing, it was a matter of time before he completely lost self-control.

.

.

[scene switch back to Jieun]

Walking without any sense of direction Jieun didn't even know where she was or how to come back. The surroundings were unfamiliar.

No. Actually familiar unfamiliar.

It looked like she has been here before, but the beach here looked like the beach over there. Everything looked the same.

She squatted down and wrapped her arms around her legs while the warm tears keep floating out. Was this the tears of feeling wronged or was it the tears of anger? She didn't know.

I'm just the unwanted girl wherever I go. The third person as always.

The tears weren't out of self-pity, though she wanted it to be, it was out of envy. She envied Hanna for even being jealous of a thing that wasn't even reasonable.

Hanna at least had a figure, an existence while Jieun just was jealous of... she didn't even know. The real Ha Jin? The unknown girl in his sleep? Or was it the empty blank space that replaced her existence in his life? She didn't even know, yet she was jealous of whatever it was.

Afar Jun spotted Jieun walking along the beach. Though he was following behind her in the shadows his steps never caught up to her. Taking out his phone he called Hanmin.

"It's me," Hanmin answered as he picked up.

"Can you come to the market?" Jun spoke while guarding Jieun in the shadows. Whenever she took a step so would he. The distance however remained unchanged as he never made any effort to catch up to her.

"What's wrong?" Hanmin spoke with concern.

"I don't think I can handle this," Jun said silently.

A/N: I've changed the character's name, look at the chapter "Character name list 01" on the last page to see the changes.