S2.08_A familiar face

Chapter 8

The sun hasn't made its breakthrough yet the temperature wasn't that cold, but quite good, though Jieun was only wearing a white long sleeves shirt and a pair of ripped jeans she didn't felt cold. She knew she should be thankful that he lent her some clothes, but she kind of felt like a beggar wearing this kind of pants, there were holes as huge as her foot. Actually she even made a contribution in making them bigger, when she tried to put on the pants with closed eyes.

Both Jun and her yawned as they stood beside each other at the gates of his house, waiting for someone to pick them up. Jieun didn't exactly know where they were heading, but with the lack of sleep, she couldn't even care. Even if Jun told her the details she'll probably have no idea of where it was anyway. For now, she was just following him like a shadow. 

Jun's head felt heavy from the hangover, while Jieun looked like a zombie that hasn't seen sunlight in a lifetime.

"Yesterday," Jun made a hesitant pause. "Did something happen?"

Jieun squinted her eyes, looking at him with slightly parted eyelids and furrowed brows.

"Like what?" She asked half asleep.

"Like... did I say something.."

He can't remember?

"You know..." he said, pressing his fingers at his temples. "like that.."

"I don't?" Jieun replied. He heaved a sigh, contemplating how to form the words, but didn't get to start as a car stopped just in front of them.

"Hyung!!!" Baekeun scrolled down the window as the car stopped in front of them.

"Hi, Moon!" The young guy enthusiastically waved. Jieun shortly raised her hand and mirrored his gesture. Joonha came out of the car to help them with their luggage, actually Jun's, she has been borrowing Jun's clothes for three days straight now. Joonha greeted her with a slight smile which she returned with a light nod.

Soon another car arrived, the window scrolled down revealing the face of Jeongso. With his sunglasses and a wicked grin, he waved at them. Appearing somewhat happy about his surprise appearance. 

"Happy birthday," Jeongseo said with faking sincerity as he tilted his head at Jun.

"It was yesterday," Jun corrected.

The mere presence of Jeongso pulled Jun's mind straight, making him forget the headache and sober up near instantly. He wasn't expecting Jeongso to be a part of this crew. Just as Jun thought this was a healing trip, it turned into another nightmare. Jun opened the door to the car and let Jieun get inside.

"I thought you said the trip was a gift," Jun said as slapped Joonha in the back.

"Grandpa paid, grandpa's rule" Joonha coughed nervously.

Jeongso read the why-the-hell-are-you-here question on Jun's face and felt more amused. He was obviously pleased for being the cause of Jun's irritation.

"Birthday gift. My presence" Jeongso said proudly.

"I didn't want a dog for my birthday" Jun glared, before getting inside the car and slammed the door hard. The mood dropped in the car the moment he entered. Joonha and Baekeun were already prepared for the storm that was about to burst out. And here it comes.