S.2.28_Living the Nightmare

Chapter 28

Jieun listened carefully as she heard the echoed footsteps and panting of someone being dragged up the stairs. Half beat, the guy was being held up by to men, his feet slid the floor, as he was dragged inside the empty building. His face covered in sweat and blood, making the hair stick close to his skin. With the remaining amount of strength his muscles forced to raise his face from the ground, he was curious about the face of the bastard causing him all the trouble.

He faced the abductor, one he multiple times imagined strangled between his squeezing hands, now with a face, he could apply to the faceless man in his imaginations.

Choi Youngdo? The beaten guy furrowed his brow perplexed, that the abductor was no other than the grandson of an acquaintance of his grandpa.

"Mr. Hwang"

Youngdo, the abductor said loud, as if he wanted for someone to hear. Jieun was at the furthest corner of the spacious room, but the echoes did reach her ears.

Mr.... Hwang?.. Jeongso? Jieun couldn't voice the bought as the guy also stuffed her mouth with a handkerchief.

"And you came alone? How brave of you"
Youngdo clapped approvingly. Leaning forward in the chair, Youngdo beckoned the two men of his to drag the guy up closer. The beaten 'Hwang' was hanging from the men's lock around both arms, drained from energy he was struggling to even hold himself up.

"Let her go" A weakly mumble escaped despite the pain of heaving a breath.

"Don't worry I won't hurt her." Youngdo reassured, his lips tugged in a lawless smirk.

What are they saying? Why can't I hear anything? Jieun moved slightly in the uncomfortable chair. Shouldn't block her sight at least made her hearing better? Why was it so hard to hear what they were saying? She only heard what Youngdo allowed her to, everything else was slurred murmuring. Pricking her ear so tried to concentrate, suddenly everything went loud and noisy.

"What the hell is happening!?!". Youngdo's voice was angry, Jieun could tell that something wasn't going the way he wanted, though she couldn't know what.

The two men holding Hwang was suddenly knocked down by one in the gang. Some of the masked gang members were acting of their own, not following the instructions. There was definitely a spy, but since everyone was wearing a mask, the other gang members couldn't tell until now.

Though barely out of breath Hwang used the turmoil to his advantage and got free from the men holding him down, his fist punching fast and powerful. Another gang member helped Hwang, punching the masked gang member surrounding Hwang.

The men confused about the situation didn't know who they should attack. It seems like there was more than one spy among them. Knowing that Hwang was a man of influence no one dared to take off their mask in case something went wrong. In the confusion, the men punched one another not knowing how the ally worked. The chaotic mess made Youngdo take his leave.

Jieun heard groans and shouts but didn't know what was happening. She suddenly felt a pair of hands around her shoulder making her flinch back in the chair. The heavy breathing of a person fanned her cheeks as he leaning across her to untie the ropes. The ropes loosening around her upper body and the tied hands were free. The first she did was taking out the annoying handkerchief some idiot stuffed her mouth with.

"Hyung watch out!!!"A husky voice from distance louded. Jieun took off the band around her eyes as next, her hearing assisted her before her sight, a loud slam of some wooden crash again someone's head. The band around her eyes fell like a feather to the ground as she dropped it.

No!! No!!  Her eyes grew in fear as the person she least wanted to see was right in front of her. The terrifying sound of the wooden bat hitting his skull echoed in her ears as a broken alarm. Fear and horror took over her body, their eyes brief met before his gaze faded elsewhere and his lifeless body fell into her arms.

No! Please! She screamed inside as the tears filled her eyes by the pain of this body in her arms. Her eyes largened, their knees touched the ground as she fell with him.

Jieun tried to pull herself up, but a weak touch of his trembling hand tugging her elbow made her unable to move. Lending his laps as a pillow she cupped his face with trembling hands.

His lips parted but no words came out as if it was stuck in his throat. Her eyes welled with tears, as she looked at his blurry picture. Leaning in close she prayed for him.

"...." his voice held no power or sound, only muted words of air left his parted lips.

"Don't say anything." Her voice muffled, warm tears streamed down her cheeks landed on top of his bruised cheek. She hugged him close, her hands colored in red. Tugging him closer in her embrace, her bitter tears leaked without end.

Jieun pressured her hand around his head to block the bleeding. She hugged him tight as if afraid he could disappear any moment and she would never see him again. His hands stretched to wipe away the tears hanging on the end of her lashes, making her suppressed sobs evolve in the form of broken cries.

Jieun wished this was just another scary nightmare, one of those she could wake up from, one that wouldn't last longer than a night. One that would leave her pillow wet and cheeks drowned. But this wasn't a dream she could wake up from. She was living out a real nightmare.

Her tears pressured her ears, blocking the sound of the men fighting in the background, blocking the sound of everything besides her choked cries stuck in her throat. Her chest clenching, her breath suffocating and her view heartbreaking. She'd had experienced all kinds of pains but this was beyond words.

"Please stay with me" she holds his hand in hers tight and desperate as if she didn't want to lose him. He failed to smile but forced his last words as if apologizing.

"I...love....you. Jieun..."

A/N: I've changed the character's name, look at the chapter "Character name list 01" on the last page to see the changes.