S2.33_Icy rain

Chapter 33

Surprisingly no media or gossips were going around about Jun getting hurt. Indeed the power of the Hwang group was incredibly scary. Their grandpa pulled some strings so there weren't any spread rumors. The only thing people knew was that Star actor Lee Jun was having a break after finishing his drama.

No news about the kidnapping incident or investigation was taking as that might disturb the stability of the company and affect the stocks and shares, though Jeongso wasted precious minutes of his life in giving a statement to the diligent detective.

After being hospitalized for three weeks Jun was finally being discharged. Though his grandma told him to stay a bit longer for further examinations, he didn't really care and just wanted to get the hell out of here as if it was some kind of cage.

Hanmin assured that Jun was physically recovered, and hearing it from a doctor gave his grandma no choice, but to give in and let him get discharged. Everything was back to normal except for one thing. She was completely erased. Even the horrible incident.

Joonha and Baekeun tried to help him recover his memories, but he didn't seem to put in much effort in getting them back. Jieun was hurt by his thoughtless words but indeed he wasn't to blame as he didn't remember anything at all.

"Why do I have to remember?"

"If it's important then it would back someday"

"Stop forcing me! It's starting to get on my nerves."

More hurtful than words was the fact that he didn't remember her.

Was it due to the so-called punishment of him remembering his past?

Did he really recall the past?

Or was it due to the scientific reason that she was a painful memory that his subconscious decided to erase it? Either reason was both aching. Jieun knew she should be thankful, he finally awake. They were just back at the starting point where she was the stranger... But somehow it felt different, heartbreaking.

Never once had she received such cold eyes from him? Not even when she first woke up at the hospital. His gaze was now different. Cold. Empty.

Jieun visited him at the hospital like the other days. She walked towards his room on the fourth floor, but to her surprise, the other guys haven't shown up yet. She slid the door open to find only Jun sitting on the bed with his back facing her.

He wasn't wearing the usual hospital clothes but a black shirt and the bandage on his head was gone too. Upon hearing someone entering the room, Jun turned his head, revealing the long bang that had grown to the extent that it nearly touched his eyelashes.

"It's you...."Jun looked at Jieun with a strange look as if he was burdened by her stare, which made her heart fell to the ground.

Why do you keep having your hopes up? She shook off the disappointment and awkwardly nodded in greeting.

The sound from her phone disrupted the awkward silence and she saw the incoming messages from the chat group.

Sorry! Can't come today. See you later, Joonha.

She saw the three-dot on the screen moving as someone was typing a message.

Delayed schedule I can't make it either. Soooorrrryyy

You can't be serious?!?! Jieun typed them back but they didn't even answer.

Getting used to the new technology wasn't actually that great, It hurts cause she now knew they deliberately were ignoring her message. It clearly stated as 'read' but nobody responded to her text. She desperately looked at Jun and then back at the phone. Nervously Jieun started mumbling to

"Come on pick it up...pick it up..." Jieun murmured under her breath as she called one of the guys.

"Yes?" Jeongso answered. 

"You're coming today right?" Jieun emphasized the last word as if it was a matter of course, though it was unlikely.

"No?" She heard him chuckle behind the answer knowing she was desperate.

"You can't let me here alone?!"

Jun looked to the other side not interested in eavesdropping, while Jieun secretly stole glances of him now and then.

"Why?"

"Because this is wrong?! He doesn't even like me!! Please can't you come?"

"He doesn't like me either so it wouldn't make any difference" Jieun ran her hand through her hair while biting her lips nervously. Jun and Jeongso weren't best friends but their rivalry was as least not awkward. A crueler fact is that she found Jun more comfortable around Jeongso than herself.

"Hwang Jonghyun please!" Jieun squeezed her eyes shut.

"I'm actually in a meeting, bye."

Why even bother taking your phone when you're in a meeting!!?!? She glared at the phone imagining it was Jeongso. Turning at Jun, Jieun gave him the nervous expression, she didn't know how to begin even if she did, she didn't dare to say it. It was no surprise she made him feel uncomfortable, he only remembered her as some random girl he saved, but everyone seemed to force him into liking her

"I..." Jieun hesitated a bit, then took the courage to speak as he turned his attention at her.

"What?" He looked at her awaiting the bad news that was written on her face.

"The others can't make it...so..."

"So?" He lifted a brow.

.

.

To be exact Jun only agreed to let her escort him because his manager wasn't allowed to come to pick him up, as his grandpa didn't want the rumors to spread if any of his fans were following.

With no other options, he surrendered, and with a neglecting mind followed Jieun.

They headed towards the parking lot. He followed behind her with slow steps. Not beside her, but behind her.

Jieun was happily recalling the time when they were in the opposite position. When she followed him without knowing anything. When she just arrived in this world. When he was the only person she blindly relied on. The memories weren't enough to warm her heart, left was only a bitter taste on her tongue, as memories just are memories.

Sighing deep Jieun could only accept that reality was now a reality. She leads the way to the parked car. She clicked on the car key, which made the headlight turn on and off, followed by the click sound.

Jieun wanted to talk to him, but the words were chained to her tongue, his cold expression made it even harder to say a word. Solemnly she simply tilted her head in the direction of the car, gesturing for him to take a seat. During the drive, she stayed silent. Awkward wasn't the word, it was just his cold attitude that made her uncomfortable or just hurt.

Jieun stayed silent though she wished she could break the ice. As if heaven granted her prayers Jun then started talking to her. Unexpectedly he was the one to break the awkward silence.

"When did you learn to drive?"

A/N: I've changed the character's name, look at the chapter "Character name list 01" on the last page to see the changes.