S2.39_Cinderella

Chapter 39

"Ya!!!!!!!" The scream echoed against the glass walls.

"How can you just walk away without turning back? What if something had happened!" The disappointment was in every word. She clicked, walking towards him with big steps.

"Now you have to stop trying," He said in a cold warning, looking at her deep in the eye as she approached.
"You don't have to tell me that," she spat.

Jun nodded convincingly and with his hand gestured for her to continue her path, as a real gentleman.

"Give me a ride home" Jieun brazenly demanded, folding her arms across her chest.

"What?" disbelief echoed in his facial expression.

Jieun held up one high-heel with her two fingers in front of him, the other took its vacation on the bottom of the swimming pool. Jun looked down realizing her being barefooted.

"Cinderella lost a shoe?" He lifted a brow in mockery.

"No she made an offering to the water ghost" she smiled in sarcasm.

"So?"

"So she asked the sea witch to give her a lift home in exchange for her voice!" She retorted, making his eyes grew big for a second in shock.

.

.

Driving through the night they didn't talk, though her gaze was locked on him.

She promised that she would stop pestering him, or whatever he called it, but she still couldn't put her hope down.

"Eh...mmmm" he didn't even show a reaction as she tried to speak, as if he really didn't hear.

"How is your eldest cousin?"

Jun unknowingly turned his head looking at her for a brief moment, even he was taken aback by his action.

"You mean Mo-Hyung?" He kept his face straight back to the road.

"Yes..."

She knew that his brother had been in a critical state, the same day they got into that accident, but she hadn't heard any news of him since then. Not that she didn't care, she just literally isolated herself for a while from everything.

"He is stable now" Jun held a long pause before continuing.

"He isn't awake yet, but stable" his tone decreased in melancholy.

"Are....you ok?"

"About what?" His lips formed a line.

"Becoming the campaign model. I thought you kind of.... wasn't fond  of being involved with the company." She said sincerely concerned.

"I'm not." He looked sad as if he was forced to do something he didn't want.

"But- Don't worry sweety, I won't snatch your financé's CEO position" Jieun rolled her eyes in disbelief, turning at the window with a lingering feeling of looking at him any soon.