S2.13_ Announcement + video -

Chapter 13

"What are you standing there for? I told you to get lost." Hanna sneered.

"Kim Hanna!" A voice said from behind them making Hanna roll her eyes, Jieun knew who it was without looking seeing his face. In the past, this was also how Kang Yeok would come and rescue Jieun whenever his sister bullied her. The Kang Yeok she knew from the past had appeared in front of her, seemingly reincarnated as Hanna's big brother, and goes by the name Kang Han-min.

Why does she always make me into the bad one?! Hanna glared at her, pouring her hatred through the flaring eyes.

"Mind your own business Oppa." Hanna closed her eyes in frustration then left the scene in raging steps, a bit embarrassed too. She hated to let anyone see that side of her, the side of being jealous, bitter, and small. She had never felt this way before, but as soon as Jieun appeared in the picture things haven't been going the way Hanna wished.

As Hanna had left the scene, Jieun was back with Hanmin. Awkward silence remained as they watched Hanna walk away.

"Thank you," Jieun said lowly and lowered her head in genuine thankfulness.

"For rescuing you from drowning or from my sister?" Hanmin said with a nonchalant expression.

"Staying here for days and you haven't even properly introduced yourself." His words were as if he was blaming her. The doe eyes and calm gaze, the gentleness in his tone despite the cold words, the smile that was rare on his lips everything about him resembled her first love from the past.

"My name is-"

Ha Jieun, but I can't tell you this...

"Ha Jinah,"

The corner of Hanmin's lip tugged upwards showing a little emotion on the hard facade.

"I am-"

"I know who you are." Jieun cut him off before he could finish. His brows knitted, displeasure evident in his expression.

"You're Hanna's brother." He walked closer to her and she somehow regretted what she said, regretting as the effect to her words wasn't as she wished. Hanmin wasn't upset about her cutting in but it somehow looked like she had stirred his emotions in another way.

"A matter of fact but not actually my name."

"Gone a few minutes and you're already seducing poor Hanmin?" Jieun looked at the guy coming down the stairs, feeling a mix of offended and thankful for his presence. It was Jun ascending down the stairs. Jun was as a knight on the white horse, rescuing her from the suffocating awkwardness of being alone with her one unrequited love.

"Jun," Haneul greeted. The two guys exchanged smiles that didn't seem like one, yet it was more natural than the one Jun used when regarding Jeongso.

"Sorry for bothering you" Jun patted Hanmin's shoulder before heading towards Jieun.

When did my presence become a bother? Jieun scrunched her nose.