Chapter 143: Kirstie

I wake up and see Avi sleeping in the bed they set up for Scott. He looks so peaceful. I hate to wake him up, but I have to pee.

"Avi." I say. He doesn't move. "Avi." I repeat a little louder. "Oh, for fucks sake." I grab something and chuck it. "Avi!"

He jumps up. "What's going on?" He looks around.

"I have to pee." I tell him.

He rubs his eyes and stands, coming over to me and helps me.

Once I'm finished he guides me back to the bed and helps me comfortable.

"Which one do you want?" He smiled after he kissed my head.

"Chris, please." I look over and see that they are both sleeping. "Actually. Neither. Let them sleep. Come cuddle me."

He just chuckles and gets on the bed with me, and stretches out, then opens his arm for me. I snuggle in and listen to his heart beat. His free hand comes up and plays with my hair and I cringe.

"My hair is so greasy right now. You cant possibly like touching it."

"I don't mind. You just gave birth, I don't think I have room to complain about your hair, even if I wanted to." He smiled and kissed my head.

"God, I love you."

"I love you too, Kitten."

"I love it when you call me kitten. It makes me feel special."

"That's because you are." He grabs my hand.

"Awe." I blush. "Did they say when we can leave?"

"Uh, tomorrow, I think."

"Oh, okay. Is Mitch here?"

"No, he went home. Why?"

"I need to apologize. I was being rude. You know, throwing things at him and all."

He chuckled. "He'll be fine. We actually found out why he was upsetting you so much."

"It wasn't even him! It was his scent, it was messing with me and I couldn't focus."

"You could focus enough to nail him in the groin." He smiled.

"Yeah, well..." I click my tongue. "You said they found out the issue. What was it?" I look up to him.

"He's pregnant."

I sit up. "Really?" I smile.

"Yep." Avi doesn't sound happy.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm happy for him, don't get me wrong, im just not excited for when he gives birth."

"Oh, no." I chuckle. "I totally forgot you two are bonded."

"Shush." He smiles.

"Never." I snuggle back down. "You'll be okay."

"I don't know, did you see Scott?"

"He's fine."

"Maybe now. But he was a wreck."

"You'll be okay. Maybe it won't be as bad."

"Or maybe it'll be worse."

I smack his chest. "Quit being so negative. Its gonna happen whether you like it or not. Besides, you have months to prepare yourself."

"So did Scott."

"Will you stop? You will be just fine. At least then you'll know what I just went through."

"Yeah see? Not looking forward to it." He lets out a huff of air and puts a hand to his stomach.

"You okay?" I ask. He looks pale.

"Yeah. Just don't feel good."

"If you're gonna throw up, the bathroom is right there." I point.

"Good to know." He closes his eyes and breaths through his nose. The second I see him try to move, I get off and he quickly makes his way to the bathroom before throwing up. He has a hand against the wall and one to his stomach and he's bent over.

I know I shouldn't, but I giggle.

"Ugh, this is so not funny." I hear him say, before he retches again. My poor baby. I don't feel bad at all.

When he finishes, he flushes the toilet and rinses his mouth and just leans against the sink.

"You good?" I say.

"I hate this." He mumbled, leaning down.

"Now you get it." I smile.

He turns on the water and takes a few gulps. Then her grabs a paper towel and wipes his mouth.

"Yeah, I do, unfortunately." He throws the paper towel away and comes back to the bed.

"Unfortunate for you maybe. Me? I'm enjoying this.

"Of course you are." He chuckles.

"It gets worse before it gets better. Crackers are about to be your best friend."

He lets out another puff of air. "Yep."

"I love you." I grab his hand.

He pulls it up and kisses it. "I love you too." He smiles. "You're so beautiful."

I blush. "Our children had to get it from somewhere." I joke.

He scoffs. "Are you saying Im ugly?"

"No." I shrug. "Just not as pretty as me."

"And that's a fact." He smiles.

I smile and give him a hug. "Now, can I get some food? I'm starving."

He gives my hand a squeeze. "I'll see what I can do." He kisses me and walks out.

God, I love him. He's the best thing that could've happened to me. And I have Mitch to thank for that. If he hadn't found me that day, I almost guarantee, that I wouldn't have the family I have today: an alpha that loves me, two beautiful children, a brother, a best friend, and a gorgeous niece and her unborn sibling, and a pack that treats me the way that I should be treated.

I couldn't be happier. It took me a while to get there, but thanks to all of them, I finally did.

I smile when Avi comes back with food.

"Thank god." I say. He set the tray in front of me.

"Its probably not very good, but its something." He shrugs.

"As long as its edible, I don't care." I grab the fork and start stuffing my face.

Avi just watches me. I notice this and make a face. "Creep." I joke.

"Can't help it. You're beauty is captivating."

"I'm literally stuffing my face." I swallow. "How is that captivating?"

"It just is." He shrugs. "I don't know how to explain it, nor do I want to. You're beautiful no matter what."

I playfully roll my eyes and take another, more civilized, bite of my food. I haven't eaten in almost two days, so this is pretty good. And I don't even know what it is.

I finish, just before on of the babies wake up. My guess is it was Logan.

Avi gets up and grabs the tray and takes care of it, before going over. Sure enough, when I see a flash of pink, I know I was right.

I lift the gown I'm wearing and try to get her to latch on. It takes her a second but she eventually gets it, once she realizes what its for. Avi reaches forward and stokes her little cheek with his thumb.

She has a full head of thick, dark, curly hair. Just like her father. She looks like him too. She has the same cheekbones and nose. She gorgeous.

God, I'm a mother. Yet another thing I never thought would happen. I was fretting over literally nothing. Both my babies are healthy and perfect.

I couldn't ask for anything more.