Chapter 108: Avi

The ride to the hospital wasn't long. They got the placenta out and all that fun stuff and now I'm in the waiting room. Rose was taken to get checked out and they're still working on everything with Esther. They're both fine, so there's nothing to worry about.

I look up from my phone and I see a familiar shaped body with long black hair and a tiny baby bump. I get up and walk over. "Kirstie?" I ask.

She turns around and faces me. Sure enough, its her. Her face lights up instantly. "Hi!" She jumps onto me. I can feel that shes shaking, so that happy look must have been fake.

"Whats wrong? Are you okay? Is the baby okay? Why are you here?" I ask, quickly looking her over. She looks fine.

"I had an appointment. Why are you here?" She asks, poking my chest.

"Its a long story. Very long. I'll tell you on our way home. Is anyone with you?" I grab her hand.

"Uh, yeah, Leigh. Kevin's at work, so mitch volunteered to watch the kids. I can only imagine how well that's going." She giggles. Then her face gets serious.

"What is it?" I ask softly.

"T-" she starts. Then she looks down. "The doc-doctor thinks that..." She sniffles.

"What?"

"Twins." She said, looking up at me with tear filled eyes.

"What? Twins? Are you sure?" I cant help but feel a little giddy, even though I can see how terrified she is.

"They wanna do another ultrasound. At my request. I want them to be sure." She grabbed both of my hands and pulled them up to kiss them. "Avi, what if...what if I'm not good at this?"

"Oh, baby." I pull her into a hug. "You're gonna be so good at this."

"How do you know? What if I mess up and something happens? I was just barely processing the thought of one baby. But two?"

I rub her back. "I know you're going to be great. And I know this because you not only have me, but you have this entire pack. Plus, you're brother did one of the best things I've ever seen today. You two have the same blood. He's a great father, you're gonna be a great mother. You two are cut from the same cloth."

"Yeah?" She said hopefully, pulling back from me. "He's so good at it though. Everything."

"And that is exactly why you will be just as good. If not better." I tilt her head up to look at me. "I promise. I love you."

"I love you too." She smiled. I pulled her in for a kiss.

After a few seconds she pulls back and look at me. "What is it that Scott did today?"

"Oh, well, he put me in my place, took charge of a stressful situation, kept his cool, and delivered a baby. He's Lead Alpha material. Not a doubt in my mind about it. With more training, of course." I chuckle.

Wait, he delivered a baby?" She asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah, we got trapped in an elevator and Esther went into labor, and that baby was ready to come out like that." I snap my fingers.

"So, Scott delivered Rose?"

"Yep. I sorta just froze at first. I don't know why, but Scott took charge. He really is a great alpha. We're all lucky we have him." I smile at her.

"That's amazing. Just...wow. Was it weird? For him, I mean." She leads us to the chairs and we sit.

"I'd assume so, he was kinda freaked. He had to check her dilation, and I could tell he was feeling weird." I rub my thumb across her knuckles.