Chapter 78: Scott/Kirstie/Avi

I hear Addalin cry, waking from my sleep. "Mitch." I nudge him with my foot. "Mitch!" He groans. "Baby." He groans again.

"Mm mm." I hear.

"It's your turn." I groan.

"I gave birth to her, you can get up." He was snoring a second later.

I check the time and its not even 3 in the morning. She cries again. I sigh. "Daddy's comin' baby girl." I drag myself out of bed.

I make my way over and pick her up. She calms a little when I do, and I head downstairs and start preparing a bottle. The second I even tried to move her away from me, she wailed.

"You are just like your mother." I chuckle.

"What about me?" Mitch says, tiredly.

I jump and turn to see him rubbing his eyes. I chuckle at the adorable sight. "Oh, nothing. Just that she's about as clingy as you are." I smile and give him a kiss.

He grabs her. She is perfectly content. "Well, she loves her daddy as much as I do." He kisses her head.

I smile. "Can you not make sexual innuendos while I'm trying to make our daughter a bottle?" I get the formula from the cupboard.

"Its only sexual if you make it that way." He winks.

"Alright, well since you're up, here ya go." I push the stuff to him. "I'm going back to bed."

"Okie doke, just know, you're getting up next." He kisses me and I head upstairs.

~~~~~~~~

"Scott, take her, I need to do something." Mitch said, practically throwing the baby at me.

"Oh! Uh, okay?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I'm working on something and I need my hands." He runs upstairs.

"Okay then." I look at Addalin. "Mommas weird, huh?"

"I heard that!" Mitch says from the stairs.

"Of course you did." I chuckle.

"That too!"

"Will you shut up and do whatever it is you need to do?" I wait for a response. I laugh when I don't here one.

I look at my daughter. "Mommy's asking for a punishment."

I swear to god, Scott, if you're talking to my daughter about our sex life, I'll kill you.

Our daughter. And it's not like she can understand me anyway.

Whatever.

So now the mind-link works? Okay.

I look at Addalin again. She giggles and flicks her eyes. I return it and she giggles some more. How a two day old baby is this calm and functional and aware is beyond me. Maybe its because she's part wolf? Who knows, I don't.

I see Kirstie head into the living room with her phone and earbuds. She plops herself on the couch, turns off her phone and stares at the wall. I decide to join her.

"Hey." I sit next to her.

She waves then holds her arms out.

At first I'm confused, but once she nods to Addalin, I get it. "Oh. Yeah." I chuckle and pass the baby.

She smiles as she looks at the baby. I see Addalin flick her eyes at Kirstie and laugh.

Kirstie looks at me, confused. "Its her thing. Flick your eyes. Trust me." She does and Addalin giggles.