Chapter 76: Mitch/Scott

Picture is Mitch's ring

Kevin pokes her and Scott gasps. He hands her to me and I see red eyes. I sob all over again. "Scotty." I say.

He kisses me. "She's an alpha." He announces proudly. "Just like her daddy."

"You'll be the one keeping her in line then." I joke. I give her a light kiss on her forehead. "We did it." I say quietly.

Scott climbs into the bed next to me. "Well, you did. I just sat and watched." He chuckled.

"Okay, well, I'm gonna go and tend to my baby." Avi left the room.

I look at Scott with a confused look. "Kirstie." He says.

"Oooooh. Right. I forgot about that." I look at Addalin. "She's perfect."

"You said that already." He kissed my hand.

"And I'll say it again. She's perfect." I smile.

"Just like her momma."

"Oh hush."

"No. I almost lost you. I'm not going to keep quiet about how I feel about you. You're my omega and my fiance and the mother of my child. Our child. You are perfect in every possible way. Any flaws you think you have, I admire. You're so beautiful and I never want to let you go. So," he pulled something out of his pocket and held it up. "I bought this a few weeks ago and I was just waiting for the right time to give it to you." He grabbed my left hand and put a ring on in.

I freeze. "Uh-uh-do-but-wha-huh?"

"You're engagement ring. I saw it and immediately knew I had to get it for you. Plus, you needed a ring." I give him a kiss.

"I love you."

"I love you, baby." He says to me. Then looks down at Addalin. "And you, Addalin-Lila Amanda Grassi-Hoying. 1) mommy and daddy chose an obnoxiously long name, and 2) I love you so much." He kisses her cheek as she starts to fuss. "Oh, baby." He repositions her in his arms and sits down.

She's still fussy after a few minutes, then I remember something I read. "You know, skin to skin contact is a great way to connect with your child."

"You just want to watch me take my shirt off." He chuckles.

"I mean, I certainly wouldn't mind, but seriously, I read it in that book Kevin gave us. It helps if you want to get closer to her." I explain.

"Alrighty I guess." He set her on his lap and takes off his shirt. He unwraps her and undresses her until she's in just her diaper, and lays her against his chest, with her ear right against his heart. She quit fussing immediately.

"Look at you. You're a natural." I praise him. I yawn as sleep finally decides to attack me. "I'm tired. You got her?" I ask, already getting comfortable. I faintly hear Scott answer before I fall asleep.

Scott P.O.V.

Both of my babies are asleep. Both of them now safe and sound. I support Addalin as I get up, grab her blanket to cover her back, and walk out. I see Kevin reading and sit down next to him.

"Skin to skin?" He asks.

"Huh?" I ask, then remember I'm holding a baby. "Oh, yeah."

"So, we have a little alpha now." He says, closing his book.

"We do, and if she's anything like Mitch, that's gonna be fun."

"Oh, for sure. Um, can I hold her?" He asked tentatively.

"Of course. You delivered her, after all." I gently shift her so that I could wrap her in the blanket and hand her to Kevin.

He just looks at her. "She's amazing. Kind of a miracle actually."

"How do you mean?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Well 1) the only two male Omegas to get pregnant didn't even survive the pregnancy. 2) Mitch made it out of there with barely a scratch on him, aside from the gash on his head, but that's just superficial. 3) she lived through delivery. She's a fighter."

"She is, isn't she." I say. Her eyes are open now. She really does have my eyes. She looks at me. "I love her."

"Of course you do, she's your baby. I'm just glad you finally wrapped your head around it. I saw the look in your eyes when I asked you to hold her before Avi dragged you out. She's not responsible for anything that happened. You understand that now." He explains, handing her back to me. "She's your little girl. Nothing will ever change that."

She looks at me. I swear I see her eyes flick to red. I flick mine and she smiles. "What was that?" I ask, not looking away.

"What?"

"She flicked her eyes and when I did it she smiled."

He smiles. "She's connected to you. As with Mitch. She was playing around."

"Really?" I flick my eyes again and she giggles. I feel myself tear up.

"Yep. I'll let you two be." He pats my shoulder and goes to check on Mitch.

I stretch myself out of the couch and get comfortable. I lay her back on my chest and watch as her eyes slowly close. I trace little circles on her back and just take it all in.

I'm a dad. She's my daughter. I have an amazing omega and an amazing pack.

So far, choosing to go with Avi that day, was one if the best choices I've ever made.

Everything is good again!

For a little.

Sorry.

Don't kill me.

~🌈Jordan❤~