Chapter 52: Scott

I watched Mitch fall like it was slow motion. As soon as he hit the ground Kirstie screamed and Avi pulled out his phone and dialed 911. Kevin just watched, before his medical training kicked in.

"Avi, end that call!" He said. Avi was already explaining the situation. He looked at Kevin and hung up. "He's got an elevated pulse, he's burning up. Someone help me get his shirt off." I Instantly drop to my knees and lift him up. There is a sweat mark on the floor in the shape of Mitch, that's how much he was sweating.

"His breathing is elevated. Avi, get me the thermometer. I think I know what's wrong." Kevin stated. I suddenly get worried.

"You do?" I ask. I'm pretty sure I know too, but his knowing could be completely different from mine.

He finished what he was doing and felt Mitch's forehead. "I'm pretty sure he's got the omega flu, or something like it. I'm not entirely sure, but I'm gonna need to take some blood to test. Scott, you can take him to his room. Lay him down, and keep an eye on him. If he gets worse then we'll take him to the hospital, but until then, just watch him." Kevin instructed me.

I nodded and picked up mitch from the ground. His body was warm. I could feel the sweat. He groans halfway up the stairs. "Its okay, I got you, baby. I got you." I whispered in his ear.

He groaned again. I laid him down on the bed and he looked at me. His eyes were blue. That's common when an omega is sick. So I'm not worried.

"Alpha..." He whined.

"I'm right here, baby" I kiss his forehead.

"What's wrong with me?" He whimpered. He curls into himself as he lets out a cry of pain. "My tummy hurts."

"I know, baby. Did you eat something that didn't settle well?" Scott asked. He was fairly confident he knew what was wrong. He's read all about it in his alpha training.

"I don't think so. I wasn't feeling well so I didn't eat a lot last night. I tried to eat breakfast, but the smell just made me sick. I don't understand!" He wailed and then started sobbing.

"I think I do, baby. But I'm gonna talk to Kevin before I say anything okay?"

He sniffled and nodded. "Okay." He whimpered as more tears fell down his face. "Cuddle?"

"Can I ask Kirstie so I can talk to Kevin?" I ask quietly.

"Okay, but only if you give me at least five minutes of cuddles." He gave a small chuckle, then cringed. "Owie, my head hurts." He whined. I kiss his head and get in the bed and cradle him. I rub his back and scratch his shoulder. Within minutes, he's snoring. I laugh. Adorable.

I lay him down and get Kirstie.

"Yeah, is he okay?" She asks.

I sigh. I need to tell someone and I know that if anyone would understand it would be her. She's my best friend after all

"I need to tell you something." I paused. She just looked at me, waiting for a response. "I think he might be pregnant." Her eyes went wide.

"Scott, do you know how dangerous it is for a male omega to have a child?!" She whisper-yelled.

I cringe. "Yeah, yeah, I know. Its not like I meant to. I didn't realize I forgot a condom until we were done! Trust me, I know how scary this is. Especially for you. Heck, who knows! I'm probably wrong and its just the omega flu like Kevin said."

"That's worse! Not only could he be sick, but I could get sick. I haven't had the Omega flu." She shakes her head. "That's besides the point. Scott, if he really is, you need to tell Avi." She stated.