Chapter 122: Kirstie

I hold Mitch's hand the entire way home, even though he's asleep. He looks horrible.

Blood, cuts, bruises...so much.

I sniffle quietly as I try to hold in my sobs. Damn hormones. I didn't do a very good job of hiding it though, because Avi turned around and looked at me with a worried look.

I nod, singling that I'm okay, and he turns back around, but not before putting a hand on my knee and leaving it there.

When we arrive home, I've managed to compose myself and get Addalin out of the car while Scott gets Mitch.

Since Addalin is sleeping I get her out of the seat as gently as I can. She stirs a bit, but doesn't wake up, but she does wrap her arms around me. I smile and kiss her head lightly.

"Go put her to bed." Avi told me. "Then you can come back down if you want." He comes forwards and gives me a kiss, then bends down to kiss my belly, making me giggle. "I love you." He smiled, then pulled me forward to kiss my forehead. He keeps his lips there then pulls me in for a hug, which I return the best I can, considering the sleeping baby in my arm.

She fusses a little, but doesn't wake up, but it was enough to make Avi pull away.

"I'm gonna go put her down now. I'll meet you back down here." I smile and snuggle her. Avi nods and i head upstairs to Scott and Mitch's room, where her crib is.

Once I get to their room I stand in front her crib and just hold her, snuggling her into my chest, and kissing her head.

I love this child so much. It physically hurt when she was taken along with Mitch. I'm just happy we have the two of them back now, safe and sound.

I kiss Addalin's head one last time and gently lay her down. I cover her with her blanket. "I love you, baby girl." I whisper as I stroke her cheek gently with my finger. I frown at what I think is a scratch on her face. Poor baby.

I sniffle and walk out before I get worse. I head back downstairs and into Kevin's office where Mitch is still asleep on the table.

"Mitchy..." I whisper, fighting back tears. I come forward and grab his hand and see Scott doing the same thing on the other side.

"Can we wake him?" Avi asks.

I look at him like he's crazy. "Why would you wanna do that? Who knows how much sleep he's gotten, not to mention the amount of blood he's clearly lost." I gesture to his body which is covered in blood. "Just let him sleep. We can still clean him up. Just be gentle." I soften the look I'm giving avi and look back to Mitch.

Kevin was already cleaning the wound on his arm, which we all knew needed the most attention. But that's not even the worst of it. Mitch has gashes on his face, a bunch of cuts along his collarbone, a cut along his ribs, a giant lash mark across his chest, and the amount of bruises...all over his face, chest, his wrists.

I can't.

I let go of his hands and into Avi's arms that opened the moment I let go of Mitch.

"Avi, take her out of here. She doesn't need to be in here right now." Kevin says softly.

I feel Avi rubbing both hands along my back and leads me out to the living room. We don't make it to the couch before my knees get weak and I fall to the ground. It happened so fast, Avi couldn't catch me.

"Baby." He said, gathering my shaking body into his arms. "He'll be fine."

I just sob. I can't form any words. Mitch not being fine isn't even what I'm scared of. It's hearing what he'll inevitably have to tell us.