Chapter Nine: Kirstie

Mitch being in heat was sort of scary. He's vulnerable and every alpha in the city can smell him. Yes Scott's here...but Mitch is a male. Scott is a male. Alphas aren't supposed to have any relations with another of the same sex. Sure its not unheard of and people know that it happens, but that doesn't mean they are okay with it.

When Mitch collapsed, Scott was there in less than 20 seconds.

"Mitch? Mitch!" Scott yelled. Mitch opened his eyes. They were blue and in pain.

"A-alpha" Mitch cried. He was in so much pain.

"Okay...Kirstie." Scott said to me. "We need to get him out of here. Its not safe. Any alpha can smell him. Especially since he's a male. His scent is stronger than yours would be but only by a little bit."

I start freaking out. I don't want mitch to get hurt. I don't want him to be in pain.

When we got him to the motel. Scott takes off Mitch's shirt because he was over heating. He had sweat through his shirt. Scott tells me to get a wet rag and I do.

I can tell that Scott is barely holding it together. Him being an alpha and all. He's no more immune to Mitch's smell than any other alpha.

Mitch shrieks. Scotts breath hitches and he walks out.

I walk over to Mitch. "Its okay Mitchy. I know it hurts. You're gonna be okay. How long is this going to last?"

"Ab-bout t-three d-d-days. It hurts!"

Suddenly scott barges back in.

"Kirstie can you leave the room please? Just for a few minutes."

"Yes alpha." My eyes turned blue as I obeyed.

I walked out the room. I walk down to the vending machine and get a soda. After I finish it. I walk back to the room and knock on the door. Scott opens it and tells me to be quite.

I walk in and Mitch is asleep. I look over at Scott and raise an eyebrow.

"I helped him." He says looking at the ground.

I give him a hug.

"Thank you Scott. He was going to be in pain for three days if you hadn't helped him. So thank you."

"You're welcome kirstie. Just so you know I didn't have sex with him as I am not his alpha nor is he my mate."

"Either way...thank you."

He grabs my shoulders and pulls me back so I can look at him.

"I need to know Kirst...when is your heat supposed to happen and how long does it normally last? I'm only asking so I can prepare myself. If we are gonna stick together, the three of us, I need to be prepared, because I don't know if I'll be able to help you."

I nod at him. "Umm a few weeks maybe? My last one was in April and its September now. So three weeks? Maybe a month? And usually about a week without help." I look down shyly

"Okay. Now I'm gonna ask...would you want me to help you?"

"O-only if yo-you needed to. The alternative is being in pain for a week." I laugh lightly.

"So...yes? I'm not going to if you don't want me to. If you aren't comfortable with it I won't do it."

"Okay Scott. Thank you for saying that." I start tearing up. No one except for Mitch knows what's happened to me

Scott looks confused but he doesn't ask me.

"You're welcome sweetie. Can I give you a hug?"

Why is he asking me? Shouldn't he just be doing it? Isn't that a perk of being an alpha?

I look at him.

"What's wrong?" He asks me.

"Okay..." I start. I take a breath. "Mitch knows and if I'm gonna be sticking with you guys you might as well know too. I was...I-I..." I stifle a sob.

"You were what?" He asks. "Hurt?" Suddenly his eyes widened. "No...you were raped weren't you?" I nod.

"I was so frightened when I saw that you were an alpha. My last alpha...he-he did bad things to me. He hit me, raped me. Never once asking me if I wanted to and using his strength against me. You see how small I am! I never stood a chance. That's why I left. I couldn't take it anymore. I left him last night. He went looking for me and he found Mitch. Poor Mitch. Jeremy beat Mitch up and its my fault."

I start crying uncontrollably. I feel two strong arms wrap around me and hold me as I cried. I grabbed his shirt and held on as tight as I could as sobs racked my body. I then feel two smaller arms wrap around me from behind.

Mitch.

I just sit there and cry as the two guys hold me and let me cry. Comforting me.

I don't know when, but I fell asleep in both Scott's and Mitch's arms. They just held me. Not letting go and not telling me to calm down. I feel safe with these two. Protected. I am their's and they are mine.

My boys.

Their girl.