Chapter 137: Scott

After the phone call ends, Avi and I go back in.

Im literally bored out of my mind. I've been moving back and forth in my chair and fiddling with a pen. Anything to keep me at least a little entertained. They drone on and on and on and on about...I actually don't know what. I haven't been listening.

I just fiddle with my pen until I feel an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach. I think nothing of it, as I ate a big lunch. Don't judge me, I was hungry.

"This is what were planning to do with the new center..." I hear one of the board members say, but I can't care enough to hear the rest of what's being said.

I scoot down and leans my head against the chair and close my eyes, still turning back and forth.

"Mr. Hoying, am I boring you?" The same person said.

I don't hear him and Avi smacks my chest, making me jump up. "Huh?"

"I asked if I was boring you."

"You want the honest answer?"

He nods.

"Kinda."

"Very well, then. You are dismissed." He waves me off. I look at Avi, who just shrugs.

We get up and exit the room. The second the door shuts, that feeling in my stomach returns and knocks me to the ground.

Avi is by my side instantly. He tries to turn me, but I'm in so much pain, I don't let him. "Don't fucking touch me right now." I hiss angrily.

He backs up and waits until I turn myself and lay on my back. My knees are still brought up and I'm holding my stomach.

Oh, fuck.

Kirstie.

The pain goes away enough that I can function properly and I hold out a hand of Avi to help me stand. I keep a hand on my stomach.

"Kirstie's in labor." I struggle to say.

He quickly grabs my arm and we start heading out to the car. I see the looks the desk people are giving us, but I ignore them.

We make it outside before another wave of pain hits me, and Avi catches me before I fall. "Breathe, Scott."

"Easy for you to fucking say." I growl. I drop to mt knees and do my best to try and crawl away from him, but he stops me.

"On you feet, come on." He grabs my arm and pulls me up, but I can't move yet again.

His phone goes off.

"Im already out the door." Avi answered. "Scott fell over almost instantly, were getting into the car, ill meet you at the hospital. I'll call Kevin and have him inform Mitch. You call alex and have him come get the kids. He's already on standby."

Avi has his arm around my back and my arm draped over his shoulders as he helps me to the car, see as I'm having the hardest time doing that

"Im on my way right now baby. I'll be there soon. You're gonna be just fine." He says into the phone.

"The fuck if I am." I say

He looks at me. "You will be just fine, Scott. Now shut up and breath." He went back to the phone "Get her to the hospital." The call ends and he turns to me.

"I need you to breathe." He says.

"Fuck you." I spit. I put a hand to my head to push the hair out of my face as more pain comes. "Ah, fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuuuuuck."