Chapter 79: Kirstie

I wake up in an unfamiliar room. I look around and take everything in, trying to remember where I am. The walls are blue with some artwork.

I see a stack of clothes on the chair next to the bed. I get up and slowly dress myself before I head out to the living room/kitchen area.

"Good morning!" Ari chirps. Shes way to perky for this early in the morning.

I wave and sit down at the table. "Did you sleep okay?" She asks me. I shrug.

I had nightmares almost all night long and woke up crying a few times, so no, I didn't sleep very good.

"Honey, say something. Please?" She looks at me with innocent eyes.

I shake my head and force the sobs down. "Kirstie, baby, you can talk to me. About anything." She looks at me. "Are you in danger?" I shake my head. "Does your pack know where you are?" I keep shaking my head. "Did something happen?"

I stop shaking my head when she asks that and I look up to her. I can't tell her, even if I wanted to. She wouldn't understand.

"Can I call you're alpha?" I shake my head with wide eyes. "Honey...did he hurt you?" I shake my head again. Avi would never hurt me, I know that now, for certain. He's a real alpha. My alpha.

But I've put him in danger. I've put the whole pack in danger. Scott already said he doesn't want me around. I'm almost positive Mitch doesn't. He doesn't even let me hold Addalin. Not that I blame him. She almost died because of me.

I feel the tears start again as Ari pulls me in for a hug. "Lets get some food in you." She rubs my back and kisses my head. I nod and grab my phone. I go through my pictures, looking at how happy everyone was.

I stop at the one Mitch took of us in the mirror after he helped me get ready. The night of his birthday party. The night I met Ari. The night Avi and I had our first kiss...

"Kirstie!" Ari shouts causing me to jump, drop my phone, and curl in on myself. I see the instant regret in her eyes, and I know scaring me wasn't her intention. "I'm sorry." I nod. "Um, if you want, you can take a shower. You'll feel better." I nod and go into the bathroom. Thankfully she has a tub so I don't have to stand. I don't have the energy to stand. I start the water and get undressed.

I look at my naked body in the mirror.

This girl I recognize. She's got bruises on her hips and thighs, cuts and welts from being flogged more than once, and red marks around her neck from being choked.

This is who I am. The girl that just lets things happen. The girl who has an alpha that she doesn't deserve. The girl that almost got her best friend and niece killed because she disobeyed.

I'm a bad omega.

I turn off the water because the tub is full enough and get in. The water makes the pain go away. I lay back and close my eyes and think about everything.

I slowly slide myself down until my head is below the water. I lay there for a second and close my eyes, letting the water engulf me.

It only feels like a second when I feel myself being pulled out of the water and start coughing to get the water out of my throat.

"Kirstie, honey?" Ari says, holding my face and looking at me with yellow eyes. "What were you doing?" I just stare at her. She knows exactly what I was doing. "You can't do that baby, what about your pack? They would be heartbroken." She says with a soft voice. She looks hesitantly around.
"Can I leave you alone and trust you will finish your bath without anything else happening?" I look down and nod. She hold out her pinky. "Promise me. I don't want to come back in here and find you dead." I nod again and take her pinky.

"Okay." She kisses my hand. "I'm gonna go finish breakfast." She tells me. She gets up and walks to the door, looking at me one final time before walking out.

Well, that didn't work.

I sigh then kick myself. What is wrong with me? I couldn't do that to Ari, or my pack. I don't need to be dead to keep them safe. Just away.

I finish up and get dressed. Looking at myself in the mirror again. I'm disgusting. Avi must be crazy to want me as a mate, or even an omega. I can't make him happy. And everytime he's with me, I'll just end up putting him in danger like I did Mitch! I can't be responsible for that either.

I love Avi, but I can't be with him. It's not safe. If Jeremy comes looking for me again, I won't let him hurt the pack. I refuse to let that happen.

I walk out and Ari is just finishing setting the table. "Come sit." She smiled pulling out a chair for me. She make pancakes. She remembered that they were my favorite. I feel the tears well up as I look at her and give her a small smile. "Yes, I remembered. How could I forget?" She sits down. Then her face gets serious. "Hun, since you wont tell me, can you show me why you aren't speaking?"

She doesn't even know the members of the pack. The only one she knows is Avi. I try my best anyway. I do the same thing I did for esther, only without the Mitch part. I see tears in her eyes. "I'm so sorry." She says with a shakey voice. I think she figured it out. "Another pack did that?" I slowly nod. "They...took You?" I nod again. I hear her choke back a sob. I look at my plate, not wanting to eat anything on it though my stomach is growling at me.

"Eat. You need too." She tells me. The tone tells me I should listen.

I eat as much as I can, which was about half the plate and push it away. She was finished to so she git up and took the dishes to the sink. "Let's go to the couch." She grabs my hand.

We sit down facing each other. I keep my hands in my lap. "You know your safe here, right? I would never let anything happen to you. You don't have to stay quiet." Yes I do. "Nothing is going to happen to you here." I sniffle and look at here. Then I shake my head. I can't. Something gonna happen. I know it.

"Kirst-" she was cut off by a knock at the door. "Let me get that." She quickly gets up and runs to the door. She opens in and I see a man, with a familiar pair of green eyes, enter the room.