Chapter 81: Scott

I pick up my screaming daughter and go to change her. Once I undo the diaper I almost fall over. "Jesus Christ! Addalin, all you do is drink formula. How the hell...?" I shake my head and get rid of the diaper, and clean her up.

I grab a new diaper and struggle to get it on her. She's a squirmy little thing. She turns her eyes red. "Honey," I turn mine. "That doesn't work on daddy." She just stares at me, keeping her eyes red. "I'm serious." I give a small growl. She smiles and flicks her eyes back.

I finish with the diaper, button up her onesie and pick her up. "You wanna spend the day with uncle Avi?" I tickle her tummy.

"Excuse me?" Mitch says. I turn and see him standing in the door frame, his eyes full of fear.

"What? Its just Avi. Plus, you and I...haven't really had a chance to be together at all. First the kidnapping and then you give birth. I want to spend some time with you." I plead.

"Scott, she's three days old! I can't leave her!" He shrieks. He's got tears in his eyes. "What if something happens?!"

"Well, like you said, she's three days old. There isn't much she can do." I hand her to Mitch as he reaches for her.

"Have you seen how advanced she is?"

"Yes, Mitch, I have. And I think I know why she is." I start. He raises his eyebrows at me, waiting for me to continue.

"And?" He says.

"I think its because she's the child of a male omega. Think about it. You are the only one to actually survive, not only the pregnancy, but delivery as well. You already knew that she would be here sooner than she would if Kirstie were carrying her. If Kit were her mother, she would've carried her almost six months. You carried her four."

"And almost died." Mitch said under his breath.

"That's not the point. Think, babe, she's part wolf, just like us. K-9 grow a little faster than humans. She's special."

"Will she stop growing so fast eventually?" He boops her nose.

"I think so. I mean, look at us. I'm almost 21, you're 19. We're fine." I chuckle.

"That depends on what you mean by fine." He jokes.

"What I mean is, we're about where we should be. Plus, I talked to Kevin. He said she'll slow down eventually."

"So... I basically have Renesemee for a daughter. Greaaat. Does that make me Bella?"

I smile. "Only if I get to be Edward." I pull him forward by his belt loop.

He smacks me. "I'm still irritated. You want to leave our baby, so you can spend time with me? You want to leave her with Avi?!"

"Hey, what's wrong with that? He's held her multiple times."

"WHAT?!"

"Mitch, I don't understand. You love Avi."

"Not enough to leave my child with him. Who else have you let hold her, without my permission?" He backs away from me and gets a protective hold and Addalin.

"Um, the pack and Esther? I don't get it. What's the matter?" I'm so confused right now.

"The matter is, is that something could've happened and I wouldn't have known about it!"

"Mitch, what else am I supposed to do?"

"Hold onto her with your life. That's what!" The baby fusses. "See? This is why I'm not going anywhere."