Chapter Nineteen: Kevin

I wasn't very surprised when Kirstie asked me to get her a pregnancy test. You'd have to be stupid not to smell her.

At Beta-Med, our form of med school, we are taught what different scents mean. One is if someone in our pack is pregnant. We learn to recognize scents so we can act immediately and accordingly.

You can tell by the way she acted around Avi that shes had bad experiences with alphas. I've heard if alpha taking advantage and hurting their omegas. Kirstie was absolutely terrified of Avi.

I was surprised though that she asked me. I told scott and I could instantly smell his anger and rage. A lot of alphas will do anything to protect an omega, even if they aren't their omega. Scott is definitely protective over both Mitch and Kirstie.

Once I said something I knew that he knew. Alphas a sort of drawn to pregnant omegas. Not sexually or anything but more of a pull to protect them.

Scott's eyes went red once I told him. He knows something I don't.

When we got home Scott eyes Kirstie and they went upstairs. A few minutes later I hear Scott.

"Kevin!" He sounds scared. I tell Mitch to stay downstairs. He almost doesn't until Avi tells him.

"Sit down omega!" He doesn't say it meanly, just firm.

Mitch answers him the right way and Avi runs upstairs. I see Scott on the ground crying and holding Kirstie.

I quickly grab him and gently move him, laying Kirstie on the ground. I check her pulse and her breathing. "She just fainted. She be fine. When she wakes up I'll talk to her. Did she say anything before she passed out?" I carry her to he room.

Scott sniffles. He's really worried. "She said that she didn't wanna be right and she just collapsed!" He started crying. I admire an alpha that show some emotions. It proves that they are at least partially human. Avi's bad at it. Sometimes he'll forget that he's part human and go complete alpha. We walk out and talk in the hallway.

"She didn't wanna be right about...what?" Avi asked.

Scott reaches into his pocket and pulls out a little white stick. I grab it and look at it.

Positive.

"Alpha..." Both scott and Avi look at me.

"Avi."

"What's wrong?" Avi replied.

"She pregnant." I say.

I hear a gasp come from behind us. I quickly look around. I see Mitch standing there with tears in his eyes. Scott quickly walked over and hugged the omega.

He takes him downstairs and calms him down. After a few minutes, I feel Mitch calm down.

"What are we gonna do?" I ask Avi.

"Well...we cant turn her away. Yeah its not the ideal situation, given she's not in the pack yet, but I say we help her."

I stop and think for a second.

"Permission to speak freely sir?"

"Just say it."

"I don't know if you noticed but she's wasn't feeling very safe when we picked them up. She was terrified of you and even after a few hours, yes she's settled down, but she still doesn't trust you. I think her alpha hurt her. You know how alphas can let their power go to their head and they hurt their omegas. Her alpha...I think he raped her, sir."

As soon as those words leave my mouth, the alphas eyes turn red. A deep red. Angry red.

"I'm never gonna do that. I need her to know that." His eyes were slowly returning I normal.

"Then show her alpha. Your words will mean nothing if you don't show it. Right now, the only alpha she trusts is Scott. He's shown her that he won't ever intentional hurt her or take advantage of her. Show her and you'll get there too."

He nods. "When do you think she'll wake up?"

"Well since i think shes got some sleep deprivation based on the dark circles around her eyes. I don't know how much is bruising though."

"Poor girl. I don't know why people take advantage of small people like her."

"Power. They want to know that they have the strength."

"But...i just. I can't." He starts walking away.

"Where you going?"

"I'm going for a run."

"Okay just be careful please? The last thing we need is you getting arrested."