Chapter 114: Avi

"Kevin, put me down!" I yell as I kick my legs like a child throwing a fit. Kevin still had his arms around my waist and is hauling me into the house as Alex took Scott into Kevin's office.

"Not until you calm down!" He says.

I grunt and stop fighting him. He set me down and I turn around and look up at him.

"Now, will you behave?" Kevin looked pointedly at me.

I sit down on the couch and cross my arms and bounce my leg.

"What even happened?" He sits on the coffee table across from me.

"Scott thinking he can do what ever he wants." I mumble. "If he had died in that parking lot not twenty-four hours ago, we would have no connection Mitch." I scratch my collarbone.

"But he didn't die, Av. Think about that." 

I shake my head. "He almost did. I just hate that he's nose diving into this." I scratch my collarbone again. Why isn't it going away?

"What else do you expect him to do?" He shrugged.

"Think it through. He was acting irrationally." I grimace as I continue scratching. Now its starting to hurt.

"He watched as mitch and Addalin were taken from him. Don't try and act like you would be any different if it was Kirstie and the twins. You'd be raging mad and im pretty sure the house wouldn't be standing." He chuckles. "And you know its true. You of all people should know how Scott's feeling. Remember when Kirstie was kidnapped? You were furious. You threw your phone literally out the window." He paused and sighed. "Just give him a break. That's all I'm saying. He's also just gone through a huge physical trauma. He's gonna be a litte hot headed for a while. Just bare with it. Are you okay?" He says pointing to the area I was scratching.

I wince. "I have no idea. It wont stop itching and now its starting to sting." He grabbed my hand and made me stop scratching. "Its not even a bad painful stinging. Its more annoying than anything."

Kevin pulls down the collar of my shirt to see, but it isn't as visible as I'm sure he'd like. "Lets go to my office, I'll look at it."

"Uh-uh." I hear. Next thing I know kirstie is standing in front of me with big red eyes. She smacks me hard enough that I clench my jaw to keep from saying anything. "What the hell were you thinking? Why would you attack him? He just got out of the hospital and the first thing you wanna do is start a fight with him? Get it together! Aside from Kevin, he is you're best friend. I understand you're mad, but he was right. If it were me, you'd be in the same mental state he is. So, grow up and pull yourself together. Mitch and Addalin are counting on us to find them. And you two fighting is making it take even longer. So, knock it off!" She turns and walks away.

I stand there frozen. "What...just...happened?" I look to Kevin.

He shrugged. "Shes fed up with the B.S.. Cone on." He grabs my bicep and we go into his office and he has me sit down and take off my shirt. He talks as he examines. "You and scott cant be at each other's throats. Its not good for you. Its especially not good for Kirstie. This whole situation is stressful enough for her without her having to worry about two giant man babies that are acting less mature than both Addalin and Zac combined." He pauses. "There is literally nothing wrong with your collar bone."

"Then what the-ow!" I hiss. I look at my right arm and I see a bright red mark on my arm.

"The heck?" Kevin grabbed my arm.

"My thought exactly. Just with more profanity." I chuckle.

"I don't like that." He says, frowning at my arm.

"What, you think I do?"

He flicks my nose. "Ow!" He chuckles. "Feel better?"

"A little." He smirks. "There's nothing I can do, especially since I don't know what it is. You'll be fine, but if this happens again, tell me." He pats my back and hands me my shirt and walks out.

I sigh and hop off the table and to the mirror he has. I see six lines on and around my collarbone, and of course the line on my arm. They don't hurt now. They didn't even really hurt in the first place, they just stung.

I'm in the process of putting my short back on when Kevin burts through the door. "Its Kirstie." He says, panting. I put finish with my shirt and run out and see her curled on her side on the couch, holding her belly. There are tears in her eyes and a little blood between her legs.

I drop to my knees and slide to her, grabbing her hand and stroking her hair. She looks at me with blue eyes. I hear Scott cry out across the house, but ignore it.

He's fine.

"Kevin, what's happening?" I ask, not taking my eyes off of her.

"Now that I can see, it looks like a threatened miscarriage." He says.

"What the hell does that mean?!" I growl.

"It means she under way to much stress." He glares at me. Then he looks at Kirstie. "I need you to lay down for a few days. No strenuous activities. You can walk around and stuff, but as a precaution, not for long periods of time. The pain and bleeding should go away, but if it doesn't, let someone know. I'll make sire someone is within earshot at all times for the next few days." Then he looms back at me. "You." He grabs my wrist and pulls me to the side. "Stay here." He said pointedly. Then he went off somewhere. I look back to Kirstie, wanting to hold her, but I know Kevin will chew me out of I do. I see leigh walk past me with a glare and go over to Kirstie. Kevin grab my arm and we go back into his office.

He slams the door. "From now on, if you are even the slightest bit upset, you stay away from her. She doesn't need anymore stress than she already has. You need to put whatever is going on with you and Scott aside if you want to be around her. You guys can battle it out or whatever, but not around her. Unless you want her to lose those babies." He glares at me. "I'm going to talk to Scott, but I don't want either of you around her for the rest of the day at least." He turns around and walks off.

I look at Kirstie, who is pale and sweaty, lying on the couch. I take a step towards her but I hear Kevin yell at me. "Don't even think about it, Avi!"

I growl and Leigh turns around. "You heard him. Go do something." And she turns back to Kirstie.

The stinging in my arm and collarbone return and I groan in frustration. "Im going for a run. Call me if anything changes, Leigh."

I don't give her a chance to respond before I run out the door.