Chapter 111: Kirstie

I sit there in the waiting room with Avi sleeping against my shoulder.

Its been almost eight hours and Scott's still in surgery. Everyone is here. Alex is watching Zac, so we don't have to worry about him.

I sit there, rubbing my belly and thinking about Scott. God, I hope he's okay. I've never seen that much blood. Ever. I'm so scared that he's not gonna make it. The thought brings tears to my eyes. I just want him to be okay.

I lean my head against Avi's and stare at the floor. If feels like days before a doctor comes out and taps my shoulder.

"You're here for Scott, right?" She asks.

I carefully stand up, moving Avi's head so he's comfortable, and walk away with the doctor. "Is he okay?" I say worried.

"I have to ask before I say anything: are you immediate family?"

"Yeah, I'm his sister." She nods. "Is he okay?" I repeat.

"He will be. He's asleep, right now, but He's gonna be fine. The bullets missed anything vital. He did lose a lot of blood, but we quickly replaced it. Thanks to you're friend there." She gestures to Avi. "Hes gonna be just fine. He can leave in a couple days. He's in a room if you'd like to see him." She offered.

I nod quickly and start to walk with her. "Oh! Wait. Do you have a pen and paper I can use?" I ask.

She nods and hands me both items and I wrote a little note and place it on Avis chest before I go. I look to the doctor and give a small smile. "Sorry. I didn't want him to panic when he wakes."

"Understandable. Ready?" She smiles. I nod and follow her. I gasp when i see scott on the bed, he looks so peaceful. "I'll let you two be. He should wake up in a few hours." She walks out. Tears fall onto my face as I walk over to him. I grab the chair and sit next to the bed and grab his hand, hoping it'll wake him up.

But it doesn't. I bring his hands to my lips and just look at him. "I'm so sorry." I sob. I rest my head on the mattress and cry. "Please be okay." I whisper.

Yes, they said he would be fine. And physically, I guess he will, but mentally is a whole different story. Not to mention his family is missing. I watch the heartbeat monitor for hours, it feels like.

Then I look at his face. Just by looking at his face, you wouldn't think anything was wrong.

"I love you Scott." I whimper. "Please wake up." I beg, hoping maybe his subconscious can hear me. "Please..."

I shift in the chair so I can lean back, but still hold his hand. "You'll never guess what I found out today." I chuckle. I pull the picture from my ultrasound and look at it. "I'm having twins." I smile. I look at his face again and sniffle. "I'm terrified, but Avi's so excited. I saw his face light up when they told him. He's so excited to be a father, Scott."

I put the picture in our hands and claps my hand around his, keeping it in place. "You know, I always wanted a brother. I'm glad it's you." I attempt, but I deflate as I look at him again. I lean back forward and rest my elbows on the side of the bed and kiss his hand again and just watch his face.

I sniffle as I decide to climb up next to him and curl into his side as gently as I can. I lay my head on his chest, as far from his shoulder as possible so I don't hurt him.  I listen to his heartbeat and feel myself falling asleep.

I dream about how the kidnapping might've happened happened. I see three guys. One holding Mitch by his throat with a gun to his side. I can't hear anything that's being said, though.

Scott takes a step forward and the guy that was holding Addalin put a gun to her little stomach. She doesn't think anything of it and she just looks at Scott, who is shaking with rage. I see the man holding Mitch say something and the one holding Addalin starts moving.