Chapter 89: Scott

Trigger warning!

I wake up and I extend my arm to Mitch, or well, where Mitch would be if he was in bed.

Not again.

I jump out of bed and run to the bathroom. "Mitch!" I bang on the door. Mitch has gotten a habit of trying to hurt himself and he goes further with it everytime. I try the handle and find that its unlocked. I slowly open the door and find Mitch sitting against the tub with a bottle of alcohol between his legs. I sigh. "Mitchy."

He scoffs. "Don't act like you care. I know you hate me." He grumbles out and takes another drink from the bottle.

"Are you drunk?" I ask him.

"Does it matter?"

"Yes! Mitch, why?" I sit down across from him.

"Because I don't wanna feel anything!" He slurs, sipping from the bottle again. I reach forward to take it from him but he shrinks away and protects it. "Don't! It either this or I'm hurting myself. And I really don't wanna go back to that." His eyes widened as if what he just said hit him.

"Mitchy, give me the bottle. Please." I beg.

He shakes his head. "No. Because then I have to come back and I don't want to. I don't wanna feel the pain or-or the sadness, or the guilt-"

"Guilt for what? Mitch you didn't do anything." I try.

"Yes, I did!" He screams at me. "I almost got her killed! I put her in danger and she almost died because I did nothing to stop him!" He pulled his knees up, wrapped his arms around them and placed his head down and sobbed.

What is he talking about? "Mitch, baby, what do you mean?"

"Jeremy! I let him do what he wanted and Addalin almost died! He held a knife to my stomach." He unfolded himself and lifted up his shirt to show me the scar. "And now, Addalin hates me, you hate me, I hate me. So I'm gonna sit here, finish this bottle, and possibly get another one because I'm tired of feeling. I've tried and tried, but I can't pull myself out of what ever this is. I can't even get up when my own daughter is screaming her head off, probably wondering why daddy is always holding her and why mommy doesn't do a thing anymore." He takes a breath and a swig from the bottle. "I'm so angry. Angry at everything. You, myself, Addalin. Everything. I'm mad at you because you don't leave me alone. I mean christ, all I did was go for a walk and you sent Avi after me! I'm mad at Addalin because she is just too small to do anything for herself. I don't blame her for that because its not her fault, but I cant even hold her! When ever I do she either squirms all of the place or she screams and once shes in the arms of literally anybody else she is just fine. I can't connect with her. I don't know what changed, but I just can't, and that is why I hate myself. My own daughter doesn't even want me! I can't do it. I can't. It hurts too much." Tears start falling. "I cant do this. I can feel him all the time. And he comes back at night, in my dreams and I relive it almost every night. I thought I was protecting Kirstie, but in turn I almost traded her life for our baby's. Scott, I can still feel him inside of me. It hurt so bad and all I wanted was for it to be over. He was so rough and I hated every moment of it. I was miserable. So, I'm sorry if I seem a little...off." And with that he downed the rest of the bottle.

"Okay. No, stop. You're done. I'm cutting you off." I say, grabbing the empty bottle from him. "You're done." I scoot closer to him and grab his hands. I feel something on my finger tips and I flip them over and see little cuts from his fingernails. "Mitchy baby, I love you. I could never hate you. And regardless of what you think, no one else does either. You went through something traumatic and lived. You may not think it, but you were so brave. Addalin is alive and healthy and perfect. Literally, there is nothing wrong with her. And Addalin doesn't hate you. She can smell all of your mixed emotions and it overwhelms her. She is part wolf remember, and an alpha at that. Shes stubborn and she lets you know when shes not happy with something. Your scent just throws her off and she can feel whatever your feeling. And honestly, your scent throws everyone else off as well because normally, you aren't the one struggling this much. Its usually Kirstie. You've never needed the help that she does." I kiss both his palms. "But I will tell you right now, that you are going to get all the help you need. You're going to get through this. But for now, lets get you to bed, okay?"