Chapter 96: Avi

I'm sorry that I've basically ruined this story.

Somehow, both Leigh and Esther have baby appointments today. So that's where were going. After that, esther and I are going to her place to get her things. I decided to wait and give her some time to physically heal before we went back there.

We're in the waiting room, waiting for Leigh to come out. Esther is playing on her phone and bouncing her knee like she always does when shes nervous.

I place my hand on her knee and she looks at me. "What?" She says.

"You're making me nervous. Everything is gonna be fine. Today you get to find out if your having a boy or a girl. This is exciting." I chuckle.

She smiles. "Don't think I don't know about yours and Mitch's bet." She flicks me. "Besides. I don't care if its a boy or a girl, as long as it's healthy." She looks down at her bump. "I just can't believe it. Granted its not the ideal situation, but I'm finally gonna have a baby." She smiled at me.

"Right? Its amazing. I get to be the uncle to another child. You get to finally be a mom. I'm happy for you." I squeeze her knee and lift my hand away.

For some reason my thoughts are on Kirstie. I already know that shes the person that I want to spend the rest of my life with. The person I want to have a family with. I'm just anxious about her heat. We haven't really talked about it and I don't want her to make a decision when shes in pain and all she wants is sex. I'm fine with whatever she wants. I just want to know beforehand so I can be ready if she says no. I want to make love to her, but I'm not willing to take advantage of her.

Leigh walks out, snapping me out of my thoughts and hands Esther and I a picture. "Mister Zacary James Olusola." She says with a huge smile. Kevin leans down to kiss her stomach, making her giggle.

"That's my little man. I can't wait to meet you!" He says to the bump. Leigh swats him away, playfully.

"We are in public." She laughs.

"I don't care. I love my son. I love my beautiful girlfriend. And I am proud." He kisses her.

"Ugh. Ew. You two are disgustingly cute." I joke. I see mock hurt in Kevin's face.

"You're just jealous." Kevin mocks.

"Actually yeah, I kind of am." Every one looks at me. Crap. "We'll talk later, Kev." I say, smiling.

They call Esther back and I follow.

She gets up on the table and the nurse sets her up and tells us to wait while he gets the doctor.

"So, you wanna tell me what that was about?" Esther says.

"Not really." I cringe, knowing shes gonna make me.

"Sit. Talk." She says.

"Who's the alpha here?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Who's the older sibling here?" She looks at me. I do nothing. "Uh-huh, that's what I thought. Sit. Speak."

"I'm not a dog." I say as I sit down.

"Ehh, well, you kinda are. Anyway, what wrong?"

I sigh. "Kirstie's heat is coming up and I don't know what she wants me to do. I don't want to take advantage of her while her judgement is impaired."

"So, talk to her about it." She shrugs.

"It's not even just that." I pause. "I want a family with her." I say quietly.

"Has she said anything about that to you? Her wanting a child?"

"No, but I've seen her with Addalin and she adores her. She gets this little twinkle in her eye whenever she plays with her. Addalin makes her so happy. I want to be able to have our own kids that give her that same sparkle, you know?" I look at the ground.