Chapter 128

Everyone was sitting quietly at the table as that ate.

It was a very uncomfortable silence.

Mitch's leg was bouncing up and down from anxiety and he honestly felt like he was about to freak out, which he really didn't want to do. Not with Michael around. That was the last thing this pack needed. No matter how many times Scott put his hand on Mitch's knee, he couldn't stop the bouncing.

He looked over to Kirstie who looked like she was about to cry. He'd catch her sniffling ever now and again.

Addalin was having the time of her life with the small plate of food Mitch had given her. She wasn't even eating it, she was smearing it all over herself.

At least something about you is normal. Mitch thought to himself. He loved Addalin, but sometimes he wished she wasn't so smart and advanced. Maybe then, Michael wouldn't be so goddamn interested in her.

"So." Esther said, breaking the silence. "How's the food?" She smiled. She earned a collective nod and a few "good"s from everybody, but no one was in the talking mood.

That is, until Avi started talking about something Mitch could care less about.

About an hour later of painful small talk, Michael had made a decision. "I want Addalin." He said.

Everyone stopped what they were doing. A couple of them dropped their utensils and stared at him.

"What?" Scott said after a second.

"Did I stutter?" Michael said pointedly. "I want Addalin. I'm taking her with me when I leave."

"You can't do that." Leigh said, shooting a worried look at Mitch, who was paler than a sheet. "Her parents are literally right across from you."

"I will not have a beta telling me what I can and cannot do. Over the last three days I've observed this pack, and none of you are giving her the proper training she needs."

"She's eleven months old, dad!" Esther shrieked. "She can't even walk yet."

"That does not matter. She's clearly advanced enough to start early. I can provide that since none of you seem to be able to. She's coming with me."

Something in Mitch flipped as he realized what was being said around him. He knew it. He knew this would happen. He felt something change within him and he stood up, but it wasn't him controlling what he was doing. "No." He heard himself say.

"Excuse me?" Michael said, standing as well.

Scott looked at Mitch. There was something about his eyes that was different, and it wasn't the fact that they were blue. He recognized that look from when-no...

Scott did his best to remember. Mitch and him had talked about this a long time ago. Finally, it hit him. He slowly stood and held out a hand towards his fiance. "Hunter?" He said carefully. He ignored the looks he was getting from the rest of the pack.

The omega shifted his eyes slightly, looking at Scott. He didn't say anything, but it confirmed what Scott was fearing had happened.

Mitch's wolf had come out.

Hunter was beyond pissed off. This moron wanted to take his baby girl? No way. Over his dead body, and even then he wouldn't let that happen.

"You heard me. I said "No."" He glared at the Alpha. "I gave birth to her. You have no right to her. You're not even blood." He kept his tone dangerously low.

"Listen, omega. I will do what I please. I run the Council." His eyes shifted to a dark, angry red.

Avi had pieced it together of what had happened and he took Kirstie out of the room. He knew this wouldn't end well.