Chapter 107

"I think my water just broke."

"Oh, fuck." Was all Avi could say.

"N-now?" Scott said.

Esther nodded in pain. "Yes! Now! You think I would fake it at a time like this?!" She fell against the wall of the elevator to support herself. Scott helped lower her down onto the floor. And avi went and pushed the service button.

"Okay. Breathe. It alright. Everything's gonna be fine." Scott told her. "Avi, can you get a call out?" He said to his friend.

Avi couldn't say anything. He was frozen.

"Goddammit. Avi!" Scott yelled. "Can you make a call or not?" He stood up from esther, who was panting and looking around the dark room in fear.

Scott put a hand on his friends shoulders. "Look at me." He grabbed Avis face and turned it so he was looking at him. "I need you to pull yourself together. It just might be that we have to deliver this baby. I need you to focus, please." Scott begged. He was terrified that they might have to deliver this baby, but they didn't have another option.

Avi came back. "Uh, right sorry. Im sorry." He shrugged scott off of him and knelt down next to Esther. "How far apart?" He asked his sister.

"Ah! Not very long." She groaned.

"What do we do?" Scott asked.

"You're the one with a kid!" Avi told him.

"That doesn't mean I know what to do! I was by Mitch the whole time. Kevin delivered Addalin."

Esther screamed. "We do not have the time for you two to fucking argue! We need to do this. I can't do it myself. I need one of you do try and see how far I'm dilated so I can tell you want to do."

"How do we do that?" Scott asked.

She grunted. "The cervix is located at the back of the vagina. You have to feel with two fingers and estimate." She looked up and both men seemed freaked out. "For fucks sake! Right now is not the time to be skittish. One of you get down there and help me!" She yelled, another contraction hitting her.

"Okay, okay." Scott said, getting on his knees. "We can do this." He took a breathe. "Avi grab her hand for me." Avi nodded. "Okay, Es, I need to take off your pants alright?" He warned her before hooking his fingers around the waist band and pulling them down. He was trying his hardest not to freak out, though he knew his friends, or at least Avi, could smell how scared he was.

He pulled her pants off as well as her underwear, she told him to do the last part. "I'm gonna look now, alright?"

"Stop being a pussy and do it already!" She yelled at him. Avi was taken aback. He'd never heard his sister say something like that.

Scott spread her legs and looked, immediately feeling weird. "That's what it looks like?!" He made a face.

"Oh my fucking god, Scott. Get over yourself! Yes! Now help me!" She screamed in pain again.

Scott swallowed and took in a shaky breath. He reached down between her legs and did what she said, ignoring the feeling in his stomach. "Uh, I don't..."

She groaned again. "How far apart are you fingers?" She gasped for air.

"Uh, pretty far? I can't...I don't know." He looked at her. She was pale and sweating.

"Take a guess!" She growled at him, her eyes yellow. "How far apart are you fingers?!"

"Pretty fucking far!" He yelled. "Now will you stop yelling at me?! I'm barely holding to together down here!"