Silver

"(Y/N), are you okay?" You could barely hear Conan's voice over your own heartbeat.

"I... I'm fine." You muttered. The pounding in your head was even worse now, but you couldn't let yourself stop. 

"You screamed, and then you went so quiet..." His voice was filled with worry, but he had remained steadfast and not turned around.

You shook the daze out of your mind.  "I must have blacked out for a bit." With shaky hands, you slid the hoodie over your head. Then you grabbed a pair of sports shorts from your bag and slid them on too. "You're good to turn around now." 

Conan didn't hesitate to turn to you. The look on his face was a strange mix of relief, tension, and determination. "Can you move?"

"Not very well. My body feels sluggish and stiff. It should pass soon." 

Conan shot an anxious glance towards the door to the stairs. You knew what was going through his mind. That psychopath wouldn't be far behind, and after your scream... it was only a matter of time before he caught up. 

"Judo, go." You stated.

"I'm not leaving you behind." He replied without hesitation.

"Don't be stupid. He'll be here any minute, and I'm not sure how well I'll be able to move." You tried to sit up, but the pain in your side flared. You grimaced, and pulled up the edge of the hoodie. As you'd run, the Butcher had fired blind. The bullet only grazed you, but you could still see a pale rib beneath all the blood. Well, that's gonna be a pain in the ass to stitch. You thought to yourself with a grimace.

"We can't call for help, and we're trapped. What's that half plan you had?" Conan asked, taking his eyes off the door to look to you.

"My hacker friend will call for help since we didn't meet the cab in time. He already convinced Kid to stay in the area, so he'll call him to come help." You started to explain the emergency plan you'd developed. Conan scowled at the mention of Kid, but the anger quickly evaporated. After all, who else could you call? "The issue is getting out of here. I have an idea, but it's not gonna be fun." 

"I'll take anything at this point." Conan grumbled.

"I managed to grab my belt as we ran. We could try repelling out the window and landing on the building next door."

"What's the downside of that?"

"I didn't design the belt to hold this much weight. I honestly didn't consider needing it as an adult until right now. The cable could hold ten times our weight, but the mechanism inside the belt was only designed to hold 55kg (~121lbs for my American kin), 60kg at the very most. Together we'd be about 82kg. If we go down using only the mechanism, we could end up in free fall. If we go down while holding the cable it could shred our palms." You explained. You didn't mention the fact that when you got low enough you'd have to swing out and release the cable at just the right moment to then land on the roof with enough momentum to break bones. It was rife with danger, but there weren't any other choices.

"I can't see any other way out without fighting him... Let's do it." Conan nodded. 

You grabbed the minuscule belt, and held it out to Conan. "I need you to attach the end to a counterweight. One of these desks should do. Just make sure it's firmly connected." 

Conan nodded, and took the belt from you. He set to tying the cable around the desk. You could see him grimacing from the course cable biting into his palms, but he persevered. 

"So, this is where you came to hide~" 

Each beat of your racing heart shot through your head like a nail, as the psychopath came through the door. The look on his face was the darkest you'd seen it. This was no longer about the amusement... he was furious. He limped towards you, leaving bloody boot prints in his wake. You urged your body to move, but it was like moving through tar.