Child's Eyes

Hello everyone, I'm back!! Sorry it took longer than expected, been a lot of tornado issues in the area, so I didn't have the chance to write. 

Warning: IRISH SLANG AHEAD

Anyways, I hope you enjoy!!!

----------------------------

Oi, it's time to wake up.

You jerked awake, and nearly headbutted Cara. Fortunately, she was fast enough to move out of the way. "Oi, no need to crack my skull open on yer way up." She shouted in surprise.

"Sorry." You apologized, as you pushed yourself up off the pillows. You couldn't remember falling asleep, and you couldn't remember any of your dreams. All in all, not a bad night.

"Gah, it's nothin' to apologize for." She rubbed the back of her neck uncomfortably. "I'm not mad, it's just startlin' when it happens." She stated. "Anywho, it's time for grub. If ya don't wanna miss out, ya'd best hurry it up."

"Oh. Got it." You stood up, and ran your fingers through your hair. "Lead the way."

Cara took your hand, and guided you down the hallway. The sound of clattering cutlery, and chattering children reached your ears before you saw them. Cara turned the corner, and you looked across a chaotic dinning hall. Some kids stuffed their faces, others rough-housed, and most of them conversed. 

"The other's are this way. It's always craic at chow time." (A/N: Craic meaning fun) Cara smirked, as she gestured to table at the left of the hall. You could see all the girls from the room you'd spent the night in, and little Lucy. The two of you wound through the mess, and joined the others at their table.

"Hey, Rin!" Riza chirped happily.

"How'd you sleep?" Kiyo asked.

"Surprisingly... really well." You smiled.

"What's so surprisin' 'bout that? I told ya we knew how to take care of ya!" Cara stated proudly.

"You're right." You chuckled, as you took a few bites of food. 

"What's wrong with your eye? Why's it all black purply" Lucy mumbled. Your hand shot up to your tender eye, and your smile faded. 

"Lucy!" Riza hissed at the young girl. Lucy shrank down, and her face drooped sadly.

"It's alright." You muttered, before looking back up at the little girl's face. "I got hit by a bad guy."

"What?!" Kiyo growled.

"What kinda ass would hit a little kid?!" Riza spat angrily.

"Riza, language." Kiyo cautioned, the fuming girl. 

"This is the kinda thing effin' and blindin' is for!" (A/N: effin' and blindin' basically means swearing and cursing. )Cara barked. "Did ya beat the shite out of him?"

"Well, not really..." You shrugged.

"That's not right." Fumiki mumbled with an upset frown on her face.

"We know someone who could deal with them if you want." Riza hinted.

A broad grin spread across Cara's face. "My thoughts exactly."

"Oh, you mean Fox!" Fumiki seemed to perk up.

You were a little startled at the mention of your older self, but you tried to play it cool. "What makes you think this Fox person would help someone like me? I'm just a stranger to them."