Hiding in Plain Sight

Hello everyone, I'm back with another chapter!! I hope you enjoy!

---------------------------

"Rin, it's time to go!" Ran shouted up at you.

You covered the mic on your phone. "I'm coming!" You called, before returning your attention to the phone. "Yes, that's right. Leave it in the newspaper vending machine on the corner, off block 39 and 40." You instructed. "I'll have half of your money sent to you in advance, the second half you'll get after I get my goods." You stated. "Got it." With one last affirmation, you hung up.

You hurried down the stairs, and met the others at the car. "Sorry, I had to finish saying goodbye to Night." You explained with a childish smile.

"Come on, we're gonna be late at this rate." Kogoro grumbled. He'd been invited to a special museum showing and demonstration, and they'd insisted he bring his family (Which apparently you were now a part of). As such, everyone was dressed in formal attire. Kogoro and Conan wore black and white suits, Ran wore a beautiful yellow dress, and you wore a long sleeved royal purple dress of your own.

Movement caught your attention. You glanced at the movement and chuckled, before you climbed into the back seat of the rental, and slid to the far door. "Um, is it okay if Conan sits back here with me?" You asked, stopping Ran from climbing in beside you. "He promised he'd help me understand some school stuff." You chirped.

Ran hesitated, but finally moved away from the door. "Alright." She nodded, before climbing into the front seat.

Conan hopped in beside you, and gave you a questioning look. Without a word, you pulled out your cellphone, and typed out a message for him. You held the screen over for him to see.

This way Ran won't know what we're talking about. I've got my contact delivering the phone.

Conan pulled out his own phone, and did the same.

Here? Isn't that a bit reckless?

You cleared your own message, before typing out the new one.

I'm not that stupid. We established a drop spot nearby.

Conan nodded. "What are you two doing back there?" Ran called, looking in the rear-view mirror at the two of you.

"I'm showing Conan some funny photo's." You fibbed. While you were laying out the lie, you clicked on your photos, and selected the first one that came up.

"Oh, really. Why don't you show me?" Ran asked, a suspicious smirk on her face.

"Sure!" You grinned, and handed her your phone. She glanced down at the image. It wasn't anything to worry about. It was a picture of a dog wearing a costume that made its butt look like a face. The exact sort of thing kids would laugh at.

Ran handed the phone back to you. Her smirk now being forced due to her disappointment. Conan glanced over at you, a confused look on his face. He mouthed 'Why?' at you.

You typed out your reply, and held the phone out to him.

Why do I have a picture like that on my phone? Cause it's supposed to belong to a small child. I'm not stupid enough to have my 'kid' phone look like a teenager's phone.

Conan looked at the message, before glowering up at you. You shrugged, a cocky smirk pulling up the corner of your lips. He didn't reply, his gaze, instead, grew distant. He looked bothered by the whole Ran thing, so you decided to help distract him. You typed out a short message on your phone, before holding it out to him.

Figured you'd like to know, Kid's watching~

Conan's eyebrows scrunched together when he finished reading your message.