Treasure of the Sunset Mansion

Based on Episode 219

-----------------------------------

"There's no point standing around and talking. Why don't we go see if any of our cars are still intact." Baby Man suggested.

"Good idea, the explosions could have been phony." Granny agreed.

The detectives all began to file out of the house, however you didn't like it. If the person responsible was smart enough to plot out an entire conversation without arousing the suspicion of five detectives, surely they would have an idea about what they would do next. All the cars out front were burning scrap, however, the maid informed everyone that she had parked out back. When the group went to check, they were surprised to discover her car untouched.

"That doesn't look suspicious at all." You mumbled, your voice oozing with sarcasm.

"Maybe he forgot to put a bomb on it." Kogoro suggested.

You glanced at the man and sighed. "I hope, for everyone's sake, that you aren't actually this stupid." You grumbled, before approaching the others at the car.

"Why don't we go check to see if the bridge is gone?" Granny suggested.

"I'll go with you." The other four detectives chimed.

"We shouldn't all go. It's unwise." Granny stated.

"Then why don't we flip coins?" Conan suggested. "I've got five coins we can use!" He chirped in his kiddish voice, before dumping five coins haphazardly on the hood of the car. Granny reached across the hood, and grabbed a coin, closely followed by the other four.

"Heads goes to check the bridge, while tails stays here." Baby Man stated.

"Sounds good." Miss Doctor replied.

The five detectives flipped their coins. "Alright, so the people going are myself, Mr. Mouri, and Mogi." Granny noted.

The three detectives climbed into the car, and drove off down the road, while the remaining people headed back inside to wait. It wasn't long before they returned, and they brought with them new news. The bridge was gone, and the car had exploded with Granny inside.

"How could he..." Ran's voice faded away, unable to complete the thought.

"He'll just get us if we wait. We should check the mansion, and see if we can find anything." Kogoro suggested.

"Then we'll do a team of girls and a team of boys." Miss Doctor suggested. "That way we don't have to be embarrassed about going to the bathroom."

"Sounds good." Kogoro nodded.

"Where'd that detective kid go?" Baby Man asked, noticing that Hawk Boy was gone.

"I'm not sure, maybe he's feeding his hawk." Miss Doctor replied, before leading the way up the stairs.

-------------------------------

The four of you looked around for a little while, before taking a bathroom break. Each of you entered a stall. You didn't have to use the restroom, you were just making sure you were ready for anything. You quickly checked to make sure that the knife in each of your shoe soles was coming out easily, and readjusted your watch and belt. You can never be too cautious. You thought to yourself, as you finally exited the bathroom stall (after fake flushing). Miss Doctor was washing her hands, so you stepped in beside her and did the same.

"Where are Ran and that maid?" You asked casually.

"They're waiting in the hall for us. We can join them when we're done." She replied.