Dark Reunion

Based on Episode 176

You guys! This story has gotten 7K reads! I can't believe how popular this story is! In comparison, the other story I've had published for almost as long has only gotten around 250 reads... so my writing is 50/50. On that note, I'd like to know what makes you guys enjoy this story so much? It would really help me out!

----------------------------

You couldn't believe your run of bad luck. What was with the spurt of gosh darn kidnappings?! First the kids brother, then the rich family of three, and now you and Haibara. I doubt things could get much worse. You sighed as you tried to examine your surroundings. Not sure how to get out of this one. You smiled nervously. How'd I even end up in this hell hole?

---------------------------------

Flash back several hours.

---------------------------------

You were walking down the street with the Detective Boys. You were watching Haibara, sensing her impetuous mood. She seemed out of it. She even freaked out when Ayumi touched her arm. She had a cold, as you did, but her mood wasn't that of sickness. Something was bothering her, which was bothering you.

"I shouldn't stay here." Haibara whispered softly.

You raised an eyebrow at her, a bemused smirk playing on your lips. "You're overthinking things~" you softly hummed the reply.

She looked at you in confusion, probably cause you were so casual about everything.

"She's right." Conan sighed, as he juggled a soccer ball across his knees. "Who's gonna believe that we took a medicine that turned us into kids?" He glanced at the worried girl with a reassuring smile. "Besides, if anything happens to either of you, I'll think of a way to help you out." Conan smiled at you this time.

"My knight in shining blubber." You grinned at the boy.

Conan's face turned bright red. "I-I thought we agreed we wouldn't talk about that!" He stumbled over his words.

"I never agreed to such a thing. Besides, your expression was worth it." You tried to stifle a laugh.

"Speaking of people being in danger, you need to be careful. You are being way too reckless." He glared at you.

"Whatever could you mean?" You feigned surprise, covering your mouth with your hand (Which was now in a cast thanks to the last escapade).

"You broke both of your hands and several ribs last week. You should be the most careful." He gave you a look, as though to emphasize the fact that you had multiple killers after you.

"I'm fine!" You moaned, dismissing him with a casted wave. "They'll have to catch me first, and even if that happens I won't go down easily." You smirked.

"You're hopeless." He sighed in exasperation.

You remained silent as Genta, Ayumi, and Mitsuhiko split away to head home, only giving them a slight nod in response.

"The two of you should know that you are no match for them." Haibara muttered as you continued on your way.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I would have had him last time, if he hadn't used Judo." You jabbed a thumb at the boy, who glowered at you in annoyance.

He was about to bark a response when Haibara froze, her eyes filled with terror. "What's wrong?" Conan asked, noticing the mood change.

You followed her eyes to a black car. "What's wrong with the car?"