Chapter 111: Kirstie

Start from the beginning

Scott lunges, but the man holding Mitch shoots him, hitting him in the shoulder, and he falls to the ground. He watches as they put both Mitch and Addalin in a van and the man that had Mitch walks forward.

He says something to Scott and the third guy, who I hadn't realized vanished until now, makes an appearance and shoots Scott in the stomach.

I wake up after that. I feel tears on my face. I look around and see that its daylight and Avi's sleeping in the chair. I lay my head back down. I close my eyes as I see two people walk in.

"Um, is she allowed to do that?" One of them asks.

"Give her a break. Its her brother. Besides, based on how shes positioned, I think she made sure to be as gentle as possible. She's fine." The other one answers.

Thank god they aren't making me move.

"Do you think he's gonna wake up?" The first one asked.

"I do, yeah." The second one said. "Nothing major was damaged. He should wake up today. Gosh, I can only imagine how shes feeling about this."

He must have been talking about me.

"I mean, she's clearly pregnant, and that's scary enough as it is. Her brother getting shot, not once but twice? I couldn't do it."

They stop talking after that. I hear then walk out, and peek just to make sure, before I opened my eyes all the way. I sniffle as I remember my dream.

It felt so real. Even though I couldn't hear anything that was said, it was terrifying enough. I'm honestly glad I didn't here anything. I lightly trace little shapes on Scott's chest and just listen to his heartbeat, which strong and steady. I hear Avi stir and I look over at him, expecting him to wake up, but he doesn't.

I'm glad he didn't, because if be did, i would lose all of the little composure I have. I'm grab Scott's hand, and the picture is still in it. I smile just a little. I want to say something, but I don't know what I would say. I have no idea if he can hear me anyway.

I continue to trace little shapes when I look and notice Avi watching me. "Mornin'" I mumble.

"Morning, baby." He stretches and rubs the sleep from his eyes.

"How long have you been in here?" I ask.

"Few hours? You were asleep when I came in." He looks at me and tears form in my eyes. "He's going to be okay." He tells me.

"How do you know?"

"He's one of the strongest alphas I know." He smiles. "Scratch that. One of the strongest people I know. He'll be fine." He leans against the bed and looks at Scott. He grabs Scott's hand and hold it. "He's gonna pull through."

"How is everyone?" I sniffle.

"Kevin came in about an hour ago to check on us. There's coffee if you want it."

"Cant have coffee, remember?" I chuckle, pointing to my baby bump.

"Correction: you are allowed to have coffee, just not an excessive amount. One coffee isn't gonna do any harm." He smiles. I raise an eyebrow at him. "Don't look at me like that." He chuckles. "I've done my research." He hands me a coffee. I taste it and its perfect.

"Thank you." I hold it against me as I look up at Scott.

No one says anything for a while. By the time Avi says something I've finished my coffee. I reach forward and hand the empty cup to him and snuggle back into Scott. "I heard you whimpering. What were you dreaming about?" He asks softly.

I sniffle as it comes back again. "The kidnapping. Or at least how I imagine it happened. It felt so real. I could almost feel the pain when he got shot." I choke back a sob. "Someone held a gun to Addalin, and I watched them shoot him, and I just-" I'm cut off by a sob. "I just want him to be okay. I want him to wake up." I sob into Scott's chest.

I hear Avi stand and come over to me and kiss my head. "He will. I promise." He rubs my arm and grabs my hand. "He's strong."

"I know he is." I whimper, fighting back more sobs.

I feel Avi pull me and gather me into his arms. I'm still sitting on the matress next to Scott, but I really need the comfort of someone holding me tight. I sob until I can't anymore and quiet down soft whines and whimpers.

I feel a hand lightly touch my back. At first, i think its Avi, but I realize that both of his arms are around my shoulders. I gasp and turn around quickly.

"Kirssie..." Scott slurred and looked at me through half shut eyes.

Fresh tears spring into my eyes and I gently throw myself onto him, being careful of his shoulder and stomach. "You're awake!" I sob. I feel an arm wrap around me lazily and hold me.

"Its gonna take more than that to knock me down." He chuckles. "Ow." He says.

"You got shot. Twice." I sit and wipe my face, which is futile, because more tears appear.

"Still not enough." He smiles and slowly put a hand up to cup my face. "I love you." He says.

I sniffle. "I love you too. I'm happy you're awake. I was so scared for a minute. I cuddled up to you because I couldn't stand it." I grab his hand.

He smiles and kisses my hand. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Better not." Avi chuckles. I honestly forgot he was there.

"Oh, hi." Scott gives a slight wave with his other hand, then notices the picture I put there. He lets go of my hand and unfolds the picture. Then he smiles and looks at me. "Twins?" He raised his eyebrow.

I nod with tears in my eyes and smile on my face.

He takes his good arm and pulls me in for a hug. Few seconds later i stand back up and he places his hand on my stomach. "Still think your gonna be a great mom." He smiles.

Avi drapes his arm over my shoulders and kisses my temple. "Damn right she is." We all chuckle. "I'm gonna go get the doctor and let him know you're awake."

"'Kay." Scott says. He looks at me and opens his arm. "Come here." He says.

I laugh and curl back up next to him, placing my head on his chest. He plays with my hair and we just lay there.

I'm so happy that he's okay.

Now onto the next problem: We need to find Mitch and Addalin