He's breathing through his teeth with his jaw clenched. "Avi!" He yells as the pain hits him.

"We need to get him to the hospital. And soon. Where are they?!" Leigh yelled.

I see the blood seeping through and pooling around her fingers.

There's no way he's gonna survive this. "He's losing too much blood. We need to do something." I say.

"Give me your shirt." Leigh says. I quickly pull it off and hand it to her and she presses it against the wound and discards her own to the side.

This makes Scott scream. His eyes open and they're red. "AHH!" He screams.

"I need you to tell me what happened Scott!" I say looking at him.

"M-Mi-Mitch and Ad-Addalin. G-g-gone. My da-ad. Kid-kidnap." He manages.

"Oh god." I say.

"What?" Kirstie says.

"His dad took Addalin and Mitch." I growl. "I'm gonna kill him." My eyes flick red.

"Right now, Avi." Leigh starts. "Scott is our main worry. We will find them, but for now, we need to keep him alive. Where is that ambulance?!"

"Fuck it, we're taking him ourselves. Help me get him up." I say, starting to stand. "Kirstie, do not let go of his hand. I mean it." She nods.

He screams as we move him. At least he's still awake. Luckily, Leigh left her door open. "Get him in, come on." I say.

Because Scott is so long, it's difficult to get him in the car, but once we do I turn to Kirstie and cup her face, ignoring the fact that my hands are covered in blood. "I need you to keep it together as much as you can, okay? Don't let go of his hand and keep him talking. I don't care how, just make sure he's as coherent as possible."

She nods as tears stream down her face constantly. "Okay." She sobs.

I quickly get in the car and drive as Leigh stays in the position she's in, holding the shirt against his stomach.

We make it to the hospital in record time. I do my best to get him out of the car as quickly as I can, ignoring the screaming and smell of pain, that's about to knock me on my ass. I see two paramedics rush into the building and quickly come out with a gurney.

Leigh goes into doctor mode. "GSW to the abdomen and left shoulder. Shoulder is through and through, bullet is still in the abdomen. I'm not sure if it hit anything or not." She said.

Just then, Scott's goes limp. "Shit!" She said. She jumped onto the gurney, straddled him and began CPR.

Another doctor comes up to me. "Are you family?"

"Uh, sister and brother in law." I say. Kirstie is latched onto my side and is sobbing.

"Can either of you tell me what happened?" He asks softly.

I shake my head. "All I know is that he called me and passed out on the phone before he could tell me."

He nods. "Okay. He's being rushed into surgery now. I hate to ask, but I need to now: is he human?"

"Uh, no. Wolf."

"So regular blood won't work. Not entirely. It'll help, but not as much. Do either of you know his blood type?"

"Um, B- I think? We're both alphas if that'll help." I offer.

"That's actually perfect. I'll send someone down, but I need to go." He says and ran off in the direction they took Scott.

I feel Kirstie sink to the ground and I follow her and stroke her hair and she sobs into my chest. I sit there, feeling her tears hit my skin as I think of every worst case scenario that I can.

A few minutes later Leigh comes out, still not wearing a shirt.

"He's gonna be there for a few hours. They said its best if we go home and get cleaned up. We can come back later." She said, kneeling down to me and Kirstie.

"Take her. I'm gonna stay. I'll clean up in the bathroom or something. Just take her home. I'm gonna find Esther and tell her." I say. "They need blood from me anyway."

She nods and gives me a sad look. I can see the tears in her eyes. "Okay. I'll make sure she's gets at least some rest."

Kirstie sobs loudly as Leigh grabs her. "I know baby. Come on. You need some rest." She sniffles as Leigh gathers her into her arms. Then looks at me. "Call me if anything happens." She says as the tears fall. "I'll come back later, with a change of clothes for you."

"Thank you. I'll let you know the minute I hear anything." I give her a hug. Then I look at Kirstie. "Baby, look at me." She opens her eyes and they are bright blue. "I love you. Leigh's gonna take you home. I'll call you okay?" I cup her face as she nods. I don't expect her to say anything, so I kiss her forehead and let them leave.

I find my way Esther's room. I knock on the door and she looks at me. "Avi?" She said. "What happened?"

I bread down into tears as I make my way to her and curl up into her. I just really need my sister right now. She holds me, not caring that I'm covered in blood as I sob into her shoulder. "Its okay, honey. Its okay. I'm right here." She whispers in my ear.

It takes me a while but I eventually cry myself out. "Can you tell me what happened?"

I sniffle and sit up, wiping my face off. I stand and put my hands on my head and breathe. I turn to her. "Scott got shot."

"What? How?" She sits up.

I sit back down on the edge of her bed and she grabs my hand. "His dad. He took Mitch and Addalin. Scott's in bad shape, Es. It'll be a miracle if he makes it." I sniffle.

"He will. Have you seen anyone stronger?" I shake my head.

"Hes one of the strongest people I know. But, Es, there was so much blood."

"He'll be fine. I've worked on people in similar states. Did the bullet break?"

"Leigh said it didn't, but she doesn't know if it punctured anything vital." She hands me something to wipe my face off.

"His chances are way better than they would be if the bullet had broken apart. He's strong. He won't give up." She rubs my back. "There's a shower in the bathroom, if you wanna use it."

I smile and nod. "Thanks." She pulls me into a hug and I cry some more. I'm one of those people that, if I'm barely holding together and you touch me at all, I will break down.

Esther just rubs my back until the doctor manages to find me. "We need you for blood now." He says.

"Is he okay?" I say, getting up.

"Its touch and go right now. He lost a lot of blood. You were smart keeping him awake though, and keeping pressure on the wound." He says as we walk out. "When we're done here, I'll get you something to change into and a shower." He smiles politely, though I'm in no mood for smiling.

I enter the room and sit down in the chair he pointed to. I watch as the nurse cleans the crook of my elbow and inserts the needle, but I don't feel it. I sit back and close my eyes and just wait.