71

"You look cute" Jaemin eyed Jihae from head to toe- grinning as he adored her in his clothes which were bigger than her frame

"I know" She replied, sitting down on the couch beside him with a smug smile on her face.

Jaemin was about to speak but came to a stop noticing his mother approach the two as she placed a dish on the table in front.
"Have some" She said, sitting down next to Jihae.
"Ah, no it's okay. I need to get back home now anyways" She looked up at the clock and back at his mother.

"I heard your mother agreed, I'm happy for you two" Seongmi said, smiling at the girl who returned one.
Leaning closer to Jihae's ear, Seongmi whispered out.
"Take care of your baby well"
Jaemin raised his brow, curiosity filling him as to what his mother said that made Jihae's eyes widen in horror.

Jihae's phone rang and noticing it was her mother she picked up.
"Hello?"
"Planning on coming home or not?"
"I am, bye"

"I'll have to leave, sorry" Jihae stood up bowing to Seongmi before heading out of the house.
"I'll drop you back home" Jaemin trailed behind the girl, putting his shoes on and closed the door behind him.

"Car?" He asked as he sliding his hands into his hoodie pocket since it was cold.
"I took the metro- Mom made Seyeon unnie quit and I got my phone back as well" She explained as they walked and their conversation went on.

~

1 month later-

"Good to see you unnie, have a seat" Seongmi motioned at the two empty chairs and they sat down- Jihae beside Jaemin and Jiyoung on the other side alongside Seongmi and Hyungsik.

While waiting for their order to arrive, the conversation began.
"How is college going on?" Jiyoung asked, looking at Jaemin.
"Good.." He replied glancing at Jihae beside him who flashed him a smile.
"If only your college was in Seoul you two could've met often, sadly it's not" Hyungsik stated and Jihae looked at Jiyoung slightly disappointed that she had to continue her studies in Incheon.

"Sorry, I've to take this call" Jiyoung muttered grabbing her phone before walking away from them to talk.
"Oh good. Ask Hani to start the new project and also there will be a meeting tomorrow at 5"

Jihae choked on her food- frantically coughing with her eyes tears at the unexpected spice the meal had.
Seongmi stood up, hurriedly walking over to the girl and ran her hand on her back while Jaemin handed her a glass of water.
"This should make you feel better" Hyungsik said while serving another meal onto her dish which was comparatively sweet.

Ending the call Jiyoung turned around but stopped, observing the sight in front of her- pleased at how Jaemin and his parents treated Jihae with care and affection.
"I'm glad she ended up in the right place" She mumbled to herself, smiling as she approached them.

"Are you alright?" Jiyoung asked and Jihae nodded, now feeling much better.
"Actually.. I must apologize for all that I put you through Jaemin. I was just too concerned about her future but seeing you all together it makes me happy that she found a great family" Jiyoung said, looking down, regretfully.

"It's okay unnie. As a mother I understand you, please don't be sorry" Seongmi assuringly placed her hand on Jiyoung's shoulder.
"Everything is sorted out and we are all happy together. Let's have before the food turns cold" Hyungsik said, earning a laugh from his wife.
"Is everything you think about food?" She joked nudging his arm and the three conversed- laughter filling them.

Jihae clasped onto Jaemin's hand, giving him a warm smile, contented that everything was at last going in the right way in their lives.

The book is ending omfg I—