9

Jihae walked alongside Jaemin, his hands on his bicycle as they walked

"Jaemin what's your dream job?" Jihae asked, looking at his side profile.
"Actually I don't have any.." He said looking at her only to see her already staring at him.
"You don't?" She raised a brow and he shook his head.
"You better have one cause I'm not planning to fail in this project" Jihae said walking ahead of him, trying to hide her smile.

"Wha—Hey!" Jaemin parked his bicycle in front of his part-time job store before running towards the girl.
"What do you mean?" He asked, slightly panting making the girl stop.
Jihae smiled, extending her arm as she unclenched her hand that had the sheet in.

"The rose.. I remember that from your sketch" Jihae said pointing at the rose on the outside of the folded sheet and his eyes widened.
"You chose me?" He asked and the girl flashed him a smile before walking away.
"Tell me your dream job by tomorrow. I'm not gonna fail!" Jihae said and turned at the corner.

Jaemin watched as the girl was soon out of his sight- her words making him wholeheartedly smile, something he felt so foreign since he didn't even remember the last time he smiled purely out of happiness.

"Are you even attending the extra math class?" Her mother asked as Jihae unlocked her seat belt and got down from the car.
"I would've if it wasn't math or that Mr. Jung" Jihae said, rolling her eyes.
"You're bad at math, that's why you've ext— she left" The car door shut close and her mother sighed before driving off to her work place.

Entering the campus, a bicycle passed by her, instantly knowing who it was.
She ran up to him, as he parked the bicycle.
"You'll see me in the class anyway" Jaemin said as the two walked alongside each other.
"Our class is annoying. Always bringing up Jeno" Jihae said.
"So what about your dream job?" Jihae asked, excited. He simply shrugged making her shoulders fall at his reply.
"How about something related to Arts? Your sketches are no joke, even though I've only seen one" Jihae said making him look at her and nod with a small smile.

"What about you?" He asked.
"Ok let me act like I love this but I've to take over our company in the future so.. yea" Jihae answered.
"So you're going to be the future CEO of Seo Enterprises?" He asked and Jihae nodded, sighing at his words.
"Like business? I mean, Finance and stuff?" He asked and Jihae nodded in response.
He stopped walking, now facing her.
"With your math skills the company will be bankrupt as soon as you take over" He said with his hands his pocket- a smirk on his face evident before he walked towards his locker.

"He did not just— Yah! Na Jaemin!" Jihae ran up to him, standing next to him as he rummaged through his locker.
"Repeat" Jihae said looking at him. He just shrugged before taking out the last book.
"Repeat" Jihae smacked the locker shut making him almost laugh- almost.
"I did not lie one bit did I?" He said teasingly, as he looked down at the girl who crossed her arms, a small pout on her lips, her round eyes looking up at his in disappointment.

Jaemin's eyes simply stared at hers, lost in her eyes that he found beautiful but soon tore his gaze away before his heart could skip a beat.
"Fine. Stop pouting, it makes me hate you more than I do" He rolled his eyes, turning away from the girl.
"Don't lie Jaemin. I know you like your friend" Jihae joked as the two entered the class.

Her eyes meeting Jeno's as soon as she stepped in, made her smile disappear as she silently walked to her seat.
"You guys spent time after school yesterday right?" Donghyuck asked.
Renjun stepped on his foot under the bench making him wince in pain as he mouthed 'shut up'.

"Who's your pair Ji?" Jeno asked.
"Na Jaemin" She replied looking front, feeling his eyes burning her side profile.
"You?" She asked looking at him.

"It doesn't matter if it's not you" Jeno replied staring into her eyes making her look away, feeling nervous at the eye contact.
Or
Guilt?
Because she couldn't reciprocate the same feeling towards Jeno..

 Or Guilt?Because she couldn't reciprocate the same feeling towards Jeno