46

Jaemin instantly ran past Miri, towards Jihae who was walking god knows where

"Jihae!" He called out but she kept ignoring him and continued walking, wiping her tears.

"Why the fuck am I crying?!" She muttered, not knowing why she felt that way.
"Jihae!" Jaemin grabbed her hand, making her turn to face him.
"I don't want to talk to you Jaem" Jihae said, sniffling her cries.
"Jihae listen to me, whatever you saw was not true, she—"
"No Jaemin, I saw with my own eyes. Don't lie to me" Jihae interjected pulling her hand from his grip.

"It hurts Jaemin, it fucking hurts every time I see you two together. I don't know why I feel so jealous when she's always with you, clinging onto you, holding your arm and now she even kissed you. It hurts" Jihae let out- all her feelings pouring out at once.
"Jihae, I'm sorry I should've talked about it before" He said, looking at the girl.

"No Jaem, I'm not taking your sorry. Do you even know how much it hurts to see the boy you like spend time with someone els—" Realizing what she just said, Jihae shut her mouth, pressing her lips into a thin line and looked up with wide eyes to see the boy having a similar reaction.
"You like me?" He let out, still surprised by her sudden confession.

"Jihae! Come here!" Donghyuck yelled out and Jihae mentally thanked him for saving her and ran away towards her tent leaving Jaemin alone.
"Thanks, you saved me from embarrassment" She said looking up at a confused Donghyuck.
"Okay..?" He replied, unsure of what to say.
"Why did you call me?" Jihae asked and he shrugged in response.
"Simply. I saw you there alone so I called you" He said walking inside the tent to sleep.

Jihae was about to follow him inside but she peeked to see whether Jaemin was still there or not. Noticing the place empty, she sighed before heading inside the tent.

"You look so sleep deprived Ji" Renjun said and Donghyuck stared at her face- eyes puffy, bags evident under her eyes

"You look so sleep deprived Ji" Renjun said and Donghyuck stared at her face- eyes puffy, bags evident under her eyes. Donghyuck laughed out loud earning a smack on his back from her.
"Shut up" Jihae rolled her eyes before walking inside their room.

Her eyes met Miri's- an annoying smirk plastered on her face that vexed the girl.
"What's with the tension between you two?" Dahee raised a brow pointing at the two girls who were having a staring contest.
The two girls rolled their eyes before departing, making Dahee shrug.

After getting ready and having their breakfast they all assembled outside.
"Ready for hiking??" Mr. Jung asked, being excited himself and everyone just groaned.
"It's worth it students, the view from the Chunwang peak is something you'll never forget in you whole life" He said trying to motivate the class for hiking.
"Sir, can we start already??" Eunmi asked and he nodded.

Everyone walked with their group of friends. Even though Jihae was walking with the three- her mind wasn't paying attention to their conversation, all she could think of was last night.
"Why did you confess Ji?! You're so stupid" Jihae mentally slapped herself, looking up as she muttered something to herself in annoyance as she walked.

Not noticing the small stone in front she tripped over- shutting her eyes close to wait for the impact but soon she felt an arm snake around her waist, stopping her from falling.
"Thank y—" Her eyes widened noticing it was Jaemin- his face inches away from hers and her breath hitched at the close proximity.

"Careful" He said- tone down to a whisper, flashing her a smile. Her eyes trailing over his face before quickly standing up and moving away from him, before running to catch up with her friends earning a chuckle from him.

 Her eyes trailing over his face before quickly standing up and moving away from him, before running to catch up with her friends earning a chuckle from him

"Pick one number from the box and find your partner. We'll give you the map, so find your way to the peak by yourself, if anyone gets lost please use your phones" Mr. Jung instructed before placing the box of folded papers in front of him.

One by one everyone went and picked a sheet, searching their pair.
"What's your number?" Donghyuck asked.
"7" Jihae replied and he nodded before he looked at his own.
Donghyuck ran to where Jaemin was standing, holding the sheet in his hand.

"Here, your pair is Ji" Donghyuck said, switching their sheets.
"Thanks" Jaemin smiled and Donghyuck nodded walking off to search for his partner.
Jaemin approached Jihae, who was busy looking around at the number displayed on the sheets in their hand.
"Jihae.." He called out and she turned to look at him.
"7?" He asked and she nodded.

"Your my pair" He said, flashing her a smile as he looked into her eyes.
She nodded before looking away- feeling the blood rush to her face which was probably flushed by now.
"Why does he have to smile at me like that?" She questioned to herself, placing a hand on her chest- her heart pounding.
"Get yourself together Ji" She mumbled, shaking her thoughts off her head and continued walking alongside the boy who monitored the map in his hand.

Hyuck be playing Cupid, we stan😌✊🏻